• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Stephen King-The Dark Tower

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
    I'd heard about that cd, but never thought much of it. And as for thedarktower.net, yeah plenty. Had a ton of fun posting in there and reading up on theories about the series while I was reading books 4 and on. Lot of great info at that site about the series.
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• Funky Dredd
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2005

Originally posted by rubyraks
      I'd heard about that cd, but never thought much of it. And as for thedarktower.net, yeah plenty. Had a ton of fun posting in there and reading up on theories about the series while I was reading books 4 and on. Lot of great info at that site about the series.
      Ya, there sure is. I recommend it to anyone reading the series.
      Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• gr8pumpkin
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

I love The Dark Tower series. I remember when I first started reading Stephen King it was all about horror for me. I didn't even give The Dark Tower books a glance. I didn't care about Stephen King fantasy and thought it wouldn't be any good. Then one day I didn't have any more SK books to read other than these. I picked up the short and sweet book one and was instantly hooked. I still haven't read his updated version of book one yet. All of them are awesome. It was torture waiting for 5, 6 and 7. I thought the ending was great. Not exactly what I had in mind, but really the only way I could see it working out with the whole reality theme tie in. One of my favorite moments out of all 7 is right before the characters meet the author and the trees seem to have a million faces looking down on them. I kept thinking: "I'm one of those faces!". Brilliant writing. I highly recommend Bag Of Bones for all the SK fans who haven't picked it up yet. I'm a die hard fan and BOB is probably my favorite SK book. Great topic, by the way.
        "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Gr8 Pumpkin."

Comment

• GregWhelan
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

^ Personally I thought Bag of Bones was awful, King's worst book, but each to one'e own I suppose.

Comment

• brainstock
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jul 2006

what a great name Verbal Diarrhea i have it to talk to you later

Comment

• brainstock
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jul 2006

Can't wait to see dream scapes ala Steven King

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

i borrowed the first book of this series and want to start reading it, everyone says it is good. right now i am reading Kitchen Confidential, pretty good stuff http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...lance&n=283155

Comment

• Fake
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2006

i like ur dog or animalpicklemonkey

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2005

I finally got around to reading the revised edition of the gunslinger, which was ok with all of the stuff he added in. It has been about 15 years since I read the original and I wanted to do a recap. I am going to read all of them again...I can't wait to re-read the wastelands which was my favorite.

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • May 2005

I found two first edition copies of "The Eyes of the Dragon" yesterday, what a find! This is such a great book and Dark Tower related for those that don't know. I just had to grab them up and add them to my SK collection of first editions.

/edit...here is a picture of one of them.

Comment

Working...