My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Re: danny howells, live in a small club

it would seem i 'misplaced' (read: lost) my memory card that i had all the pics on due to having consumed a dozen or so heineken. i'll see if luke morisson has pics, seeing as he opened for danny.

Comment

• neoee
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
        he was in seattle last friday, i couldnt make it up there... wish i had been able to though.
        I was there. Not sure what I thought, it was my first time seeing him. I enjoyed what he was playing but it seemed very low energy. I had to leave a couple hours early so I didn't see how things were towards the end. I imagine he picked things up a bit.
        "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• poopoo22
          Getting warmed up
          • Jan 2006

I've had the pleasure of seeing DH in two different small clubs in Minneapolis as well as a large club in Chicago. His interactions with the crowd can bring a smile to anyone's face. What a character.

The first time I saw him, he actually FUCKED UP big time. Record stopped, NO SOUND -- what the hell. He played it off perfectly. I mean you can't fault this guy, he was playing such good music, he just laughed about it, as did everyone else and the night went on as if nothing happened. Can't say enough good things about this guy.

Comment

• dawnx
            The Donator
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by daveman
            i think that is the same show that i was talking about. was it at alderan's at lemon (or something like that) after party at mccarthy's. if it was that night my friends and i smoked a spliff with danny at the afterparty.

might be another night but the night i saw him that i posted above was in liverpool
            That was the night daveman, he was awesome really friendly and what a set he played
            have you been to jambossa Steve parrys new night?

Comment

• FM
              Wooooooo!
              • Jun 2004

used to also see him in Boston a lot and shall be seeing him in Hartford soon at a smaller (300) venue...should be fun!
              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
              Facebook!
              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• funky_monkey
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Hearing Danny in a small club full a ridiculously hot chicks is defo one of the top things on my to-do list
                --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

Working...