• Jun 2004

Re: IPOD Car Kit

thanks fellas

Comment

• jorre
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2005

I have an itrip for my ipod mini and used it for a while in my toyota camri 1990
      now my company gave me a bmw 1 series with a built-in line-in... man that rocks!

Comment

• DreamGirlie
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

^ thats awesome!
        "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• the sun the sea
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jorre
          I have an itrip for my ipod mini and used it for a while in my toyota camri 1990
          now my company gave me a bmw 1 series with a built-in line-in... man that rocks!
          bmw has a 1 series? i thought they only had a 3,5,6,7 series?
          download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• maddlingo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Alpines new head decks along with there ipod connector looks like a pretty sweet setup. The head unit has a strip that it uses that lets you scroll through your ipods music selection.
            "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• CND
              Addiction started
              • Jan 2006

I have heard nothing but good things about Icelink.

I am planning on having one installed soon.

Comment

• shan
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by the sun the sea
                bmw has a 1 series? i thought they only had a 3,5,6,7 series?
                yeah they have a 1 series and they are pretty shitting looking imo and not very powerful

Comment

• lmmadic
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

^^yeah but it's free so..
                  sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• denzug
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jan 2006

So what would be the best sound system for my car?

Comment

• FM
                      Wooooooo!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                      waste of money. my kit cost my 175.xx ... the biggest waste of money. I got the pioneer hook up and it just the dumbest thing i have done. ipod is for foot, car stereo is for car.

i learned that the hard way.
                      indeed...just get a MP3 CD Player and a few RW's...I've seen the players go as low as 110/120...
                      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                      Facebook!
                      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• poopoo22
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by denzug
                        So what would be the best sound system for my car?
                        For a head unit I'd go Alpine. Great sound, good menu navigation for setup and as someone else had just mentioned, great integration with the iPod. Throw it in the glove box and have it all displayed on the deck.

I'm not sure on speakers, my factories are still going strong.

Comment

• MJDub
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I finally got smart and "ipodded" my car, even though I've had everything I needed to do it for like 2 years. My stereo (after market) has auxillury-in RCA jacks in the back that I just discovered last week by looking in the manual. Luckily I had an RCA-to-headphone cable laying around, so by pulling the stereo out and using a drill I made a little hole in the compartment above to wire the cable through and now it's a great setup.

You should see if your stereo has something similar to RCA-In or Line-In on the back so all you would have to do for the setup would be to get a cable, some time and some elbow grease.
                          http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• FM
                            Wooooooo!
                            • Jun 2004

^^^many do nowadays as that 2nd 'put...the thing is that either one doesn't know, or when installed, the hookup isn't readily made available/accessible.

Mine even has one (Pioneer MP3 CD/XM stereo), which would be cool, for like a MiniDisc player or laptop, or something like that...
                            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                            Facebook!
                            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• MJDub
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ Well if somebody wants an ipod in their car so much they'd be willing to figure out how to wire it up in the back.

It really isn't that hard even if you don't have the manual to your stereo. If you know what model the stereo is, just Google it and you can probably find the manual online. The manual should have instructions on how to install/uninstall (slide in/slide out) the stereo from the slot so you can get to the back of it where the input jacks are (mine did).

Of course you could always get some "professional" to do something like that for lots of money, or go with the lower sound quality of the iTrip.

On that second point there, I love having the RCA-to-headphone cable because, like you said, you can hook up anything from an oldschool cassette Walkman to a laptop to your car stereo if you so desire. That makes me even more proud of my handywork.
                              http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

Working...