X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LV-8
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha & Digweed's Delta Heavy

Man it's killing me to hear these bad reviews of the vid. I haven't seen it yet but man I'm getting bummed and not wanting to see it now.

Comment

• COCAiNE
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jan 2006

I wait for this ..

Comment

• fyreater179
        Addiction started
        • Jul 2004

hmmmmmmm was in miami and in detroit.....think i will buy the dvd and check it out for myself......

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

I have had my copy since just before NYE
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
            i really really enjoyed it. it was a fun doco to watch. I really learned that Jimmy Van M is the man. Of course if it was 6 dvd's I would be more happy.
            Me too. I want a 6 DVD collectors set.

And yeah most of US are all in the loop where we get this shit right as it comes out.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
              I went to the tour, and had eagerly awaited for my copy only to be DISAPOINTED... with the DVD. I know that you can't get licensing for many tracks, but F.F.S.
              If you went to this thing then you can remember how evil and incredible the music was. The DVD did not capture that. Well that's my 2 cents worth. I still bought 2 copies to support my 2 fav. DJs.
              totally agree, was interesting to hear their interviews etc, but i really didnt like it all that much.

like half of it is all in miami, then they prolly forgot about taping and then they do some in Cali, and then texas.

the dvd is only in like 3 cities, was majorly dissapointed...
              prolly why it took them so long to release it cuz they didnt have much footage. o well, cant have everything i guess.
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• TomTom
                Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                • May 2002

I received my copy in December and watched it once.. sold it on ebay straight after that. Maybe for people from the USA who have witnessed the gigs it´s more an emotional link than it is to me but the whole DVD is poorly produced with no concept or anything that justifies the usage of the DVD medium. The sound quality isn't superb, even the volume goes up and down in between songs and they only play tracks from Sasha/Digweed/Bedrock label so they didn't need to pay for the right to play the hot tracks of that time. I also didn't like that you didn't see much of the live gigs..all in all they showed about 5 minutes in the clubs they played and the rest are interviews. I know it´s a "documentary" DVD but a bit more live action would have been great but I guess paying to play the tracks was no option for them.

Besides that, who the fuck is interested in the perspective of the bus driver and his sentiments about the tour? The interviews could have easily been released in lower quality on the Internet because they are pretty meaningless and nothing I'd like to watch twice.

I also have to admit that I had complete different expectations about the locations. Hearing people talking about the Delta Heavy tour like it was the best thing happening since condoms have been invented I thought it was a way bigger event than it actually was. When they arrived on the Miami arena (the wrong one) I thought hell yeah, now I see a part of a live recording in that huge arena but they went to a small 2.000 club and played there. I thought millions went to the Delta Heavy tour but not even 100.000 have been there. Maybe that`s big for the USA but in Europe, it was already normal in 2002 that DJ's touring over Europe get more than 100.000 listeners on only a handful of (outdoor festival) locations lol.

What I really miss about the DVD is a concept..I mean what the hell have they been doing since they started to produce the DVD? I wondered why it was released so cheap but after watching it, I knew why. The DVD looks to me like it was put together unprofessionally and in no time without any efforts/ambitions to make it something special..main philosophy seems to have been to release that damn DVD finally. I agree that it's a nice collectors piece for die hard S&D fans from the USA but if you compare it to other music DVD'S, it can't cope with the standards of 2005.

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

^ totally agree 100%. <3 tomtom

if you went to a DH show, it has some meaning, but otherwise its a waste of money imo.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Caley Martin
                    MCast Resident DJ
                    • Oct 2004

Re: Sasha &amp; Digweed's Delta Heavy

I am over this DVD, watched it once and that was enough for me... was not too thrilled to hear Jimmy van M say SF was the lowpoint of his trip since he was not even warming up for S&D...
                    For your aural infusion of Caley:
                    http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
                    http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
                    http://ultrawizardsword.net
                    RA: Caley

Comment

Working...