X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

here comes the sun part 2

calls for vengence... here we go, only 2 weeks after chirac said any terror attack on french soil would result in the most severe retailiation not excluding a nuclear strike.

also.. on a different note. (and not incite anything)

the US has shown how much BS there is in this country and how everything is a case by case basis of bullshit. they condem the papers for doing things insulting to islam, but allow their own media to crack jewish jokes, allow the gay community to piss off the uber right wingers, and more. not that any of it bothers me, but its funny how the thing applies differently to different areas. too funny IMHO and my own demented mind. we CANT do anything to insult islam in this case, but we can force the whole abortion and marriage thingy onto the public.

""the end, this is the end my friend""
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: here comes the sun part 2

There was a post on one of the prior incarnations of this board from a couple of years ago, before the Iraq war, that predicted that our going into Iraq would set off a chain of events that would ultimately start World War III. In one of my first posts, I think I responded that I thought that was ridiculous. I don't remember who posted it, and it was lost with one of the [ms] crashes.

When shit like this happens, though, it makes me wonder how far off that person really was. Looking back through history, this seems to be how world wars start -- it begins as an isolated conflict or issue, and something happens that starts pissing off more and more countries, and before you know it, everyone has a dog in the fight.

Imagine a terrorist attack on France. France lobs a nuke into the middle east. Think the international community would get involved?

I'm just thinking out loud here, so don't anyone go thinking I've totally lost my shit or anything. I'm still not ready to think that WWIII is upon us -- but perhaps that mystery poster was closer than I thought to being correct in terms of the broader reach of the Iraq conflict.

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Yea, the same process is taking place in my mind. Looking around it seems like a smoldering but slowly spreading fire. Even if we don't get WW III, I am getting more and more convinced that we're in for a lot of trouble in the next decades at least.

This whole cartoon thing is ridiculous, and as you can see it's all the extremist factions in those countries stirring the shit up. Fuck them. We crack jokes about everything, and right now I'm almost as far as Sightless: if you don't like our jokes and start bitching around in our place, we'll send a rocket up your ass. Don't fuck with our freedoms.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I read somewhere that a terrorist attack possibly backed by Iran was imminent in Paris and that was the reason for Chirac's comments. Has the political climate in Europe changed now that its leaders are expected to be tough on terrorism?

It's ridculous that some Muslims want to kill over a cartoon. It just shows that in the Western world that we value life much more and are further along as a civilization then they are.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

any opinions on the embassy burnings??????
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• neotron
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Yao
            This whole cartoon thing is ridiculous, and as you can see it's all the extremist factions in those countries stirring the shit up. Fuck them. We crack jokes about everything, and right now I'm almost as far as Sightless: if you don't like our jokes and start bitching around in our place, we'll send a rocket up your ass. Don't fuck with our freedoms.
            Yes the extremist factions are pushing it too far. However the rest of the people (the moderates) are not happy either. Jokes, funny stuff, or that"freedom of speech" which those journalists seem to be hiding behind is no excuse to pull hateful shit like that, even if it's a seemingly harmless cartoon. You have to bring into consideration the difference in what you think is "harmless" and what they think is "piss me off material". Especially at such a volatile point in time.

Comment

Working...