X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troklo
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Fabric Cd series

Porbaly the most ecxiting CD series at the moment, constantly having new releases and bringin new artists and styles, for example i went yesteray and got my self the cds from Ivan Smagghe and Rob da Bank two artists i have never heard of before, one of them right up the tech twisted house alley and the other one well can?t really put the other one in one gender, quite a pleasent suprise.

This is one series that i will try and get my hands on everything that has and will come out!

What do you guys think about it?
    Last edited by Troklo; May 2, 2008, 08:25:26 AM.
    Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Fabric Cd series

i love the fabric cd series, the fabriclive is hit or miss for me... lately hit.

my faves:
    1 - craig richards
    8 - radioactive man
    13 - michael mayer
    25 - carl craig

for the price (just under $15 a month) you get a cd to your doorstep every month. and they are always good. but not everybodys tastes, as asdf_trancemin found out.

if you decide to sign up (www.fabriclondon.com) put me down as a the person who referred you so i get a free cd (pm for email)

Comment

• man_who_wasnt_there
      Gold Gabber
      • Feb 2006

Seems all recent releases have to include lame hip hop tracks.

Global Communication CD was excellent apart for this.
      Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• peloquin
        Till I Come!
        • Jun 2004

the global communication one was okay for me... nothing special. the preceding one, mixed by carl craig, was excellent. fabriclives have been good recently too, although those are always more hip hop/breaks/dnb oriented.

Comment

• man_who_wasnt_there
          Gold Gabber
          • Feb 2006

They haven't been upto par for ages IMO.
          Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

for the price (just under $15 a month) you get a cd to your doorstep every month. and they are always good. but not everybodys tastes, as asdf_trancemin found out.
            don't waste your money. first off it ain't 15. more like 22.15. also their music is all over the place. from hard stool to soft, it always stays in the stool family. some off it is tres good and mostly i just blow them up with my .357. if you were a kid who had many ear infections and really have poor hearing. this music is for you. otherwise you might as well go to a venue put your ear on a speaker and "live".

fucking commies.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
              don't waste your money. first off it ain't 15. more like 22.15. also their music is all over the place. from hard stool to soft, it always stays in the stool family. some off it is tres good and mostly i just blow them up with my .357. if you were a kid who had many ear infections and really have poor hearing. this music is for you. otherwise you might as well go to a venue put your ear on a speaker and "live".

fucking commies.
              it has never been over $15 dollars for me... its 8 pounds incl. shipping. you must have done the math wrong

fabric series is more house/minimal
              fabriclive dnb/breaks/hip hop

if you know what is coming, and like those genres, you will be happy. if you are stuck in 2000, or waiting for "evil digweed" to come back, then the fabric series is probably not for you

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

it has never been over $15 dollars for me... its 8 pounds incl. shipping. you must have done the math wrong

fabric series is more house/minimal
                fabriclive dnb/breaks/hip hop

if you know what is coming, and like those genres, you will be happy. if you are stuck in 2000, or waiting for "evil digweed" to come back, then the fabric series is probably not for you
                i am neither. just like good music.
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• petesbeats
                  Soccer 4 EVA
                  • Sep 2005

High Contrasts Fabric live and the new The Herbaliser live are excellent quality. Crisp drum and bass and some nice British hip hop with a bit of soul added in as well. Ive subscribed for the last 4 months and each release brings something new to the table. Costs me £7 a month and at thosde prices you cant grumble
                  Loose Lipped Controller in da Mothafukin Hizzows!!

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                    i am neither. just like good music.
                    apparantly not

Comment

• fletcher
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jul 2005

yep, great value for the brits. £7 a month and discounted queue-jump entry to the club whenever you fancy it!

I only subscribe to the fabric CDs ( i signed up ages ago before they made it compulsory to buy all fabric/fabriclive cds), and its definitely worth getting. Sure, not all of them are amazing, but £6... i mean, bargain...

i now have all of the fabric CDs, a great collection thats leaves the music down to the dj.

also their music is all over the place. from hard stool to soft, it always stays in the stool family. some off it is tres good and mostly i just blow them up with my .357. if you were a kid who had many ear infections and really have poor hearing. this music is for you. otherwise you might as well go to a venue put your ear on a speaker and "live".

fucking commies.
                      thats why i find your comments quite poor. The DJ selects the music for the mix, not Fabric. The music is "all over the place" because fabric is one of those clubs that books djs who play different styles of music. Shock horror!
                      http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

well said fletcher. i have a subscription only to the fabric series too, and when there is a fabriclive i want, i can just pick it up from the website for the same price as if i had subscribed.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                          Vortexuralizor
                          • Jun 2004

been collecting these for a couple years. just picked up fabriclive 26 - the herbaliser too.
                          didnt hear it yet. probably tonight though.

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Nov 2005

How is Digweed's Fabric Cd... I just bought it off internet last week
                            http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• fletcher
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DJJEFFJONES
                              How is Digweed's Fabric Cd... I just bought it off internet last week
                              its ace
                              http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...