• Show
Clear All
  • dig72
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2004

Re: More cartoon protests

Originally posted by davetlv
    You know what, i'm sick of this shit.

Tell me if you can what is offensive about these images?

What is so offensive about them that it has led to riots and deaths?

What is so offensive about them that embassies have been burnt down - even embassies of countries that have not published the image?

I look forward to you response.

And in case you havent seen all tweleve in their glory. . .

Personally, nothing. Therefore I can't offer you an exact answer to your unreasonable questions.

All I can do is offer an opinion/view/understanding of some sort and express them in forums such as this one, both peacefully and civili.

If your question is why some Muslims may find the images offensive then I'll have this to offer. From what I have read and the discussions I've had, it seems Islam prohibits depictions of the Prophet let alone an image which contains a bomb in his turban. Many Muslims see this image as mocking their Prophet and their beliefs. To this you can add the anti Muslim/Arab bashing in the media together with the current and future events in the Middle East and there you have it.

A reason/view/ opinion, not justification
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• dig72
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sammwalk
      consider yourself lucky in Israel that you probably don't have to deal with these guys.
      guidos are males with most, sometimes all of the following:

-fake tan
      -over-gelled spiky hair, usually very short on the sides becoming a high fade that makes them look like they stuck their finger in a socket
      -typically from 'jersey
      -usually italian or partially italian decent, but not necessarily. have seen guidos of all races (even black!)
      -hang out in clubs/ruin the club experience
      -muscle heads...like to dance with muscles flexed to try to show off
      -usually shorter
      -travel in packs
      -stupid and belligerent...like to start fights
      -tight expensive (or pseudo-expensive) clothes, usually what you could find at macy's, but also diesel, armani, etc.
      -gold chains
      -sexually predatory, but probably latently homosexual
      -mean expression trying to look cool

i think by now you get the picture and know what i'm talking about

They're everywhere. In Australia we have most of them in Melbourne.
      They are exactly as you've decribed above, except we call them Muzza.
      “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

you fuckers have it light,. my county is what created those ppl. nassas county, home of the kids who wish they were rich city folk, and try to hard. the gotti's live 5 minutes from me.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• evangelion
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dig72
          Personally, nothing. Therefore I can't offer you an exact answer to your unreasonable questions.
          Unreasonable questions?? Why do Muslims see it as OK to riot, kill and destroy because of a cartoon?? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

But then again, they've always seen it as OK to kill in the name of their relgion, so it really isn't that far off, now is it

Comment

• sammwalk
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

They're everywhere. In Australia we have most of them in Melbourne.
            They are exactly as you've decribed above, except we call them Muzza.
            you mean there's no escape??

Comment

• dig72
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2004

Why do Muslims see it as OK to riot, kill and destroy because of a cartoon??

That wasn't the question.

I found the questions unreasonable because they were directed at me. I am personally not offended by the images/cartoons, so I can't give the exact answer/reason as to why the 'rioters' found them so offensive. You'd have to ask them, the rioters/Muslims that is.

Do you understand this?

I offered an opinion/reason/view, thats all and if they happen to differ from yours then so be it.

That's what discussions are about.

If you think the questions are reasonable then I'll ask the same questions to you and look foward to your response.

Tell me if you can what is offensive about these images?

What is so offensive about them that it has led to riots and deaths?

What is so offensive about them that embassies have been burnt down - even embassies of countries that have not published the image?
              Last edited by dig72; February 24, 2006, 01:42:53 AM.
              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• dig72
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sammwalk
                you mean there's no escape??

That's right.
                Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• davetlv
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

All I can do is offer an opinion/view/understanding of some sort and express them in forums such as this one, both peacefully and civili.

If your question is why some Muslims may find the images offensive then I'll have this to offer. From what I have read and the discussions I've had, it seems Islam prohibits depictions of the Prophet let alone an image which contains a bomb in his turban. Many Muslims see this image as mocking their Prophet and their beliefs. To this you can add the anti Muslim/Arab bashing in the media together with the current and future events in the Middle East and there you have it.

A reason/view/ opinion, not justification
                  I'm sorry if you think that to question the actions of rioters and murders to be unreasonable. Should we all sit back and allow this sort of behaviour in our countries?

That said, on the whole, these pictures look like nothing more than a man with an olive complextion (?) and a beard; one even looks like a bad paradoy of Bill Gates (or maybe just to me). Does this mean that we can no longer draw pictures of men with dark skin and a beard in case it offends members of the religion of peace?

And as for the picture of the so called Mohamed and a bomb in his turbun, this image was republished in an Egyptian daily (with some others) - notice the date of 17th October 2005

And not once was an egyptian embassy burnt.

Double standard no? Muslims can print images of the prohpet with impunity, but when the west does it, riots, firebombs and deaths (with apparently stand at 17 people of this now)

Comment

• evangelion
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Wow...what a bunch of hypocrits. Goes to show...it doesn't matter if the cartons are published....but who publishes them.

Comment

• thesightless
                      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                      • Jun 2004

muslims as a public figure are fucked up. they put the neo con christian to shame.
                      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Yao
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

lol

time for the neo-con christians to strike back man, they're losing face here!!
                        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• malayday
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                          runningman, here in NY, on 9/11 they literally were gathering in the streets and celebrating like they knew it was gonna happen.....
                          i dont get it so all the muslims in new york wer sent a memo letting them know that this attack was directed towards the..........neoliberal christian based white supremist fanatical muslim haters..hmmm...yes why not....no muslims died in the bulidings..hmm....and they knew it was osama and his muslim crew that day...hmm...before the fbi found the passports in the burning wreckage and papers they 'left' behind in arabic implicationg them....hmm yes of course...i think i recall that too...rejoice it was...a portion of the city was celebrating...in the streets...fukme..thats incredible...
                          and for some very plausible reason the falling of a building and lost civilian life somehow represented the symbolic victory of the muslims against the tyrannical oppression they feel they have faced for centuries which spurred them to hit the streets parading on the same day..yeah makes sense...wow...thats smart guy..putting two and two together like that..daim ...thats some grey matter you got there buddy...dont get all sensitive maybe im wrong clarify if you will....

Comment

• malayday
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Aug 2004

sorry seems i went a bit off topic i read one on the previous page i guess...but if you wanna get techinal with the whole olive complection who says its mohammed? thing..come on please lets not kid oursleves it was supposed to represent mohammed and mohammed merely represents muslims right...now if it was osama...it represents osama...and osamas crew which are considered fanatical...thats a comparatively limited group...and the egyptian newspaper did not take the initiative and 'publish' as in create them..they simply re published them...to let the people know what it is...personally i think if they let it happen all around the world and just let them be published people wouldnt give that much of a shit they suck as cartoon satire pieces any good cartoonist/columist would agree...but then i guess it would allow for all to in the future..i dunno im just as devestated by the muslim response as my friends here..maybe not as malicious in my judgment but upset that so many have just hurt themselves and their countries in the process of trying to object or appeal..

Comment

• evangelion
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by malayday
                              i dont get it so all the muslims in new york wer sent a memo letting them know that this attack was directed towards the..........neoliberal christian based white supremist fanatical muslim haters..hmmm...yes why not....no muslims died in the bulidings..hmm....and they knew it was osama and his muslim crew that day...hmm...before the fbi found the passports in the burning wreckage and papers they 'left' behind in arabic implicationg them....hmm yes of course...i think i recall that too...rejoice it was...a portion of the city was celebrating...in the streets...fukme..thats incredible...
                              and for some very plausible reason the falling of a building and lost civilian life somehow represented the symbolic victory of the muslims against the tyrannical oppression they feel they have faced for centuries which spurred them to hit the streets parading on the same day..yeah makes sense...wow...thats smart guy..putting two and two together like that..daim ...thats some grey matter you got there buddy...dont get all sensitive maybe im wrong clarify if you will....
                              Do you actually expect someone to give you a valid response to this pile of smartass-ism??

Comment

• malayday
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Aug 2004

yeah it as a claim made by someone on a previous page...ofcourse i want an answer..it sarcastic because when i read it i couldnt believe that no one asked these questions...you just let a statement run like that...without any substantial anything..so yeah i want the person who wrote it to tell me..i quoted the dood who wrote it..

Comment

Working...