• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Soulseek help

Dudes, I need some help.

I'm incredibly fucking pissed off with soulseek, since it hasn't been running properly for the last 6 months. It's the same problem all over: I install the damn program, it runs good for a few hours, and then suddenly I keep getting timeouts in the connection (it goes offline all the goddamn time and I have to reconnect), and after the first time that it happens my whole contacts list is and stays listed as offline.
    Any items in the download queue do not get downloaded anymore either, only the stuff that was in progress when the connection dropped gets finished, after that is finito with downloads, users and searches. BUT....other people can leech my ass as if nothing is wrong their end. And this is pissing me off big time, I've so fucking had it!!!

Does anyone recognize this problem? I've installed 159 b and c, and 157. I've removed the soulseek folder in my program files directory after each install. I am seriously out of ideas here, and have a SHITLOAD i still want to download.

Help and tips very much appreciated.
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway
  • geoffgulley
    Platinum Poster
    • Apr 2005

Re: Soulseek help

weird.... i haven't had any issues for what seems like forever (version 156 alpha 4). then again i use it primarily to chat with other producers/friends in our "secret" chat rooms and upload rather than download. have you installed any new software lately or are any other programs not working as well yao?
    "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

nope....this is the only program giving me shit. Have Limewire installed too, and that works fine...

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• geoffgulley
        Platinum Poster
        • Apr 2005

have you tried backtracking to say the version i'm running? also, when you've uninstalled have you also eliminated all the registry entries as well?

Comment

• Yao
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

registry entries...ummm, I'm not techy enough to fuck around with the registries dude

Comment

• Hos
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

I tried. Doesn't help much....nobody had an answer.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                Platinum Poster
                • Apr 2005

For Windows only... Uninstall soulseek. click the start button and then hit "run". type "regedit" and hit OK. click the + symbol next to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the tree. click the + symbol next to software under HKEY _Current_User. find the soulseek folder and delete it. Close regedit and then run a search for soulseek and eliminate all files and folders. Reboot and then install soulseek.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Apr 2005

oh yeah... it'll also help to run window washer or another file cleanup program and then defragment your drive before installing... pain in the ass... yes. just trying to make sure we have no instance of soulseek on your system. you'll lose your user lists but hopefully it will at least work.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

http://mercuryengine.com imo

Comment

Working...