• Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

New venue in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!

New venue opens in NYC: element

Saturday, 11th February 2006 at 9:14 pm / Words: BeatFactor

At the crossroads of the East Village and the Lower East Side, the breeding ground for hip and cool beckons an exciting new dance music venue & lounge. element is suitably located at the corner of Houston & Essex Street, next door to the world famous Mercury Lounge. element heralds in 2006 as the downtown destination for a burgeoning music and club scene.

The stand-alone element crescent is representative of the female and is completed with its male counterpart, represented by the floating divider. The moon is the most changeable of all celestial phenomena and represents the diverse programming offered each night for a varied local and international audience ready to experience NYC?s nightlife. The element management team brings together expertise in film, TV, fashion, music and PR for a fresh approach to nightlife and a real desire to create a venue reflective of NYC?s vanguard music.

Thursday, February 16, 2006
    e l e m e n t presents Tommie Sunshine + Adultnapper
    *Grand Opening Party *
    10pm ? 4am, $10
    Join us for our inaugural party and Tommie?s relentless pursuit of the greater good of music and all things ElectroDiscoPunk.

Friday, February 17, 2006
    Nickodemus and Mariano present Turntables on The Hudson
    Special guest Spiritual South + Nappy G on percussion
    10pm ? 4am, $10
    www.turntablesonthehudson.com
    A World Fusion of Dance Music with a Funky Bass-bottom feel.

Saturday, February 18, 2006
    Josh Wood & Larry Tee present BANK
    DJs Larry Tee and Lina + special guests
    10pm ? 4am, $15 email / $20
    info@joshwoodproductions.com
    Larry Tee?s merry bunch of downtown scenesters host a weekly Bank heist.

Sunday, February 19, 2006
    Souvenirs - White On Time
    DJs Randy Bettis and Michael Wilson
    6pm ? 2am, $25 / $30
    www.loveparadeproductions.com
    A Sunday Tea party all dressed in White.

Upcoming Events: Filthy Fridays (Ewan Pearson, Anu (Freeform Five), Girls & Boys Wednesdays, Jaymz Nylon, Kompakt, Kazulo, Halcyon, Nu-iSh, Robots, Tedd Patterson, Toast Tuesdays with Jeannie Hopper, Twisted and more TBA.

A b o u t e l e m e n t

The building was originally conceived as a bank and since then has served as Jasper Johns? studio in the late 70s, as well as serving several half-lives as a club under different guises for the last three decades, including a renowned Goth club in the 90s. The original architectural structure of the bank is still in tact, but after an extensive renovation, the 10,000 square foot tri-level venue has a completely new interior. The new venue element features an artful, elegant decor with textured woods, slate, copper and paper. Interior designer Robert Stettner incorporates natural elements like pounded bark, jagged slate and zebra wood accents, creating a natural understated elegance.

The 305-capacity Main Room is flanked by a full-length curved shimmering brushed steel and concrete bar with handmade deconstructed mirrorball landscapes designed by the owners. This is centered by a 40 x 60 ft wide plank oak hardwood dancefloor. This main space is powered by a state of the art 37,000 watt EAW Avalon Series soundsystem that is controlled throughout multiple zones inside the club to create sweet-spots on the dancefloor and chill-spots in the lounge and 2nd floor. An adjacent lounge, entitled the Fire Lounge for its fiery paintings provides additional seating areas with carved low wooden tables.

The Mezzanine and Balcony (105-capacity) are illuminated by custom designed bamboo cage LED chandeliers that are part of seven, separately controlled LED installations throughout the club designed to control the mood and ambience of the night, including an entire wall of light behind the DJ booth. Each area provides high back couches and seating areas with a fully-licensed bar an a catwalk to the DJ Booth with state of the art equipment and lighting console.

The 150-capacity downstairs Vault is a cozy intimate event space with a dedicated sound system, DJ booth, full service bar, and prep kitchen for catering needs. The underground space can be utilized independently or as an annex to the main floor event. The Vault may also be accessed by a private entrance for those who require the proper discretion and enclosed within the Vault are three curtained private listening rooms with individual volume controls, providing the ultimate, quality club experience.

This spring/summer 2006, Element will be adding live performance/band capabilities and a kitchen serving a small menu and light appetizers.

More Info: www.elementny.com
    got from beat factor
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.
  • nemrac
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2005

Re: New venue in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!

the renowned Goth club in the 90's was called the Bank.. i went there a few times when I was studying at FIT .. nice space.. good sound
    Give that biatch a knuckle sandwich for her trip back to Uglytown

Comment

• Kobe
      I wish I had an interesting User title
      • Jun 2004

Nickodemus from LI? LOL, I used to go out with a chick from out there that was friends with him.

Great to have another spot in NYC though. It all goes in cycles. I remember the Guiliani days when everything got shut down. Good to see some rebirth.
      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Sunburnnyc
        Fresh Peossy
        • Feb 2006

yeah I went there when it was Bank a few times... I thought they had turned it into a strip club? guess it did not work out...

BTW- opening parteh with Tommie and Adultnapper will be off the hook!!
        Mix selection:

less then more... (no right clicky) minimal/tech-house

Elektrokokewhore mix House/Elektro

Be my friend:
        myspace
        GIGS:

July 16th
        LeSouk: Sunday Sessions my B-day Jam w/Swamy, Astro&Glyde, Dill & guests 2pm-?????
        July 14th -Sullivan Room let the birfday madness begin

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

Oh, this is the Bank? I've been there dozens of times. Last time I was there I saw DJ SS and MC GC on a Formation Records tour. SICK fecking set, btw.
          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• miketpoto
            Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
            • Jan 2005

Oh dear.... very gay/alterna lineup... I dont see it getting very prog

Comment

• daveman
              I love the colors!!!
              • Jul 2005

^^^ looks like it might not get bubbles seal of approval. they better sign up sander k as a resident. poto would show up fo sho.
              once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• miketpoto
                Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by daveman
                ^^^ looks like it might not get bubbles seal of approval. they better sign up sander k as a resident. poto would show up fo sho.

I will cut you

Comment

• swedetech
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

can't believe they jacked my name!!!!!
                  ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                    I will cut you
                    IN THE FACE!!!!!
                    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• influx
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

wow. what a shitty lineup. grand opening party with tommy sunshine... ehh, no thanks. it's aways great when your headliner for your opening party is a shitty dj that is better known as the country's most famous raver.
                      i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                      www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

Working...