new yorker going to newport beach/LA....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drthundr
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

new yorker going to newport beach/LA....

some friends and i are going the end of august to visit our buddy who lives in newport beach...just wondering if anyone knows anything about that area...any decent beach bars/clubs to go to? my friend out there isn't into the club scene as much as we are here in new york, so it's up to us to plan...otherwise we'll be going to dirty irish bar every night, drinking pints of guiness and not talking to any of those pretty SoCal a$$ i've been hearing so much about we'll probably hit LA once or twice too, so if you have any input that would be swell...thanks
  • mayan_guy
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re:: new yorker going to newport beach/LA....

The Newport Bitch crowd sucks...unless you like hanging out with pretentios trust fund babies. But definetly go to L.A. How late into Aug.? Digweed will be in L.A. on Sept. 1st. Anyhow, some staple clubs...Giant@Avalon or Spundae@Circus. You can get an idea of what's happening by visiting http://www.cued-up.com and get advance ticks to alot of places on www.groovetickets.com or www.wantickets.com . But as far as beaches...I'm sure you're friend will have some idea.

Comment

• Localizer
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2004

i'm in newport, but i'm leavin next week, hit everything outside of it....go to los angeles....girls don't give you the time of day unless you're bling bling in newport.....and the clubs and bars are sooo much more classy and better in La.
      Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• esef
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mayan_guy
        The Newport Bitch crowd sucks...unless you like hanging out with pretentios trust fund babies.
        * cough cough cough *
        Excuse me, but unless you actually LIVE in Newport, please refrain from the same tired old cliches about rich kids and the TV show "the OC".

(before i delve in, i will assume you are a follower of this board and of the music scene and it is a fundamental part of your being.) :wink:

ok, now then, i live in newport mesa and while it's NOT the thriving metropolis that LA is, there is deff stuff to do 'round here. detroits on fridays is slammin with house muzak and the proper heads make it out for that. there are some misc events that go down in the area mid-week. several top DJs live in OC, including board member BK.
        you have anything and everything around you at your fingertips. south coast plaza is a 10-15 min drive (the largest mall in SoCal) and has everything. plenty of eats in NB and HB and you're on the coast, so lounging is made EZ. you can head down to Laguna Bch and have some fun, but club M is not what is used to be. there are also many asst mini lounges you can make home.

next, if you plan it properly, you can make it to hollywood or santa monica in about an hour, less on the weekends and outside of the traffic times (3:30 - 6:30).
        i go up to LA most weekends to be w/ my GF, unless she comes down to escape the LA madness. i also try and make it up about once during the work week. Monday night social is a wicked event, as is Spundae and Avaland on the weekends (depending on who's in town). Larchmont is nice too when they have something going on on fridays. Sugar in santa monica, and i'm sure i'm missing several other.

anyhow, NB is whack, but so is the rest of the country (if not more so) and nowhere else will you live at ground zero for all that is cool. me and my crew will show you a good time if you're up for it. PM is if you wanna discuss anything further...

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• drthundr
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

i'm heading out there august 24-29...missing digweed here (Aug 27?) and there Sept 1. that sucks. i figured the scene isn't the same as LA....it's the same way here. the next best thing to NYC is NJ or Long Island...but it doesn't even compare. i'm sure we'll hit LA...just not sure if we're going to a club since only 2 of us out of 4 are into the music.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by esef
            me and my crew will show you a good time if you're up for it. PM is if you wanna discuss anything further...
            Your crew? Are you a gansta?

:wink:

Comment

• esef
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
              Your crew? Are you a gansta?
              yeah, a muthafuckin' thug rolling on 24s...

btw, your included in the crew reference, so make nice to the easterners you big jerk! :wink:

Comment

• Localizer
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2004

"Excuse me, but unless you actually LIVE in Newport, please refrain from the same tired old cliches about rich kids and the TV show "the OC"."

hi ya, i grew up in corona del mar/newport beach for 3/4 of my life and there are no cliches except truth in NB. Trust fund babies and MILF's riding around in bimmers and trucks with 6 inches of lift, assholes who don't stop at stop signs...not to mention most everyone is fucking pretentious with the attitude of "move the fuck over cause I sparkle with the skrilla."

and detroit bar is alright except for the fact that most everyone that spins there is related to DJCulture, and we all know who's around there. *cough*simply jeff*cough*......take your chances in the los angeles area, you'll have more fun and less attitutde.
                Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• esef
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Localizer
                  Trust fund babies and MILF's riding around in bimmers and trucks with 6 inches of lift, assholes who don't stop at stop signs...not to mention most everyone is fucking pretentious with the attitude of "move the fuck over cause I sparkle with the skrilla."
                  deff agree w/ the milf and lifter truck shit. fuck all those mutherfuckers!

Originally posted by Localizer
                  and detroit bar is alright except for the fact that most everyone that spins there is related to DJCulture, and we all know who's around there. *cough*simply jeff*cough*......
                  yeah, not so sure about that association, but they bring the good house and i can't complain about that.

well, i've been ere 5+ years and compaired to some places in the US, and being close to LA but still being able to escape, the place rocks!

so then, where do you live now?

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

I live in the Ghetto!

Comment

• esef
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

I live in the Ghetto!
                      shut the hell up. you're such a liar!

what are you guys up to this weekend?

Comment

• swedetech
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

I live in the Ghetto!
                        so when did Silver Lake become Ghetto???

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• SleepyFloyd
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Jun 2004

if you want bars, anywhere in socal will do. but you if you want clubs, LA is your only choice...OC is a joke.

Comment

• the sun the sea
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

i make a list for the spundae message board:

hopefully it helps.

download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• swedetech
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

also... get ready!

September 25th - SoCal 10!

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

Working...