• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: United Arab Emirates company to take over major U.S. ports

Just like the Muslim prayer circle at the football game
    i was at that game and i swear the place went apeshit. they were dummies anyway.

the real fucked up thing about this is bush wins either way in the end. if he goes against his party, the repubs can make him look bad and set themselves for the elections, if he allows them to beat him, they look even better. and the democrats are still looking like crybabies in the end.

we really need a whole new government and politcal party system. just ban all current politicians and re organize it with people who actually have expertise in economics, budgeting, taxation, finance, military, and PR. no more old fucking white people who have nothing better to do than try to exert thier persnal will upon us. i swear if i see bush trying to go nuts over this, or schumer and clinton at a podium again, im throwing my TV out the window. between those 3, and kerry and rove, i think we need to simply bitch slap the whole lot over and over again until they begin bleeding, THEN put rubbing alchohol on our hands and bitch slap til they pass out. then cut hillary clintons throat. cuz that bitch is only in office b/c of NYC and the massive amount of democratic support therein. CUNT.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• fumanchu182
      Angantyr The Ruthless
      • Jun 2004

Catch 22's all over this deal.

1.) Muslim group with not so nice ties run U.S. ports. -> Bad public opinion
      2.) 6 Billion tied into the deal to run the war over in the middle east. -> Bush's party is swayed.
      3.) Possible leaks of WMD into ports (don't gimme that bullshit that they won't try it...). -> Shame on us

Bad public opinion + bush party = shame on us.

Someone see the tautology of this?
      The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
        we really need a whole new government and politcal party system. just ban all current politicians and re organize it with people who actually have expertise in economics, budgeting, taxation, finance, military, and PR. no more old fucking white people who have nothing better to do than try to exert thier persnal will upon us.
        Now you're making sense!

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

from AICPA figures...

of all the senate and house members who have sat on the tax regulation releated commitees, only 3% have had an accounting backround in the history of this country............

why are civil rights lawyers who go on to become representatives via house or senate sitting on comitees related to drafting the statutes related to violent crime?? thats like sitting hitler on the comittee for jewish relations.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

It's a bad time to be an average American. This issue is proving to the world that we don't do our homework on current events but instead let the media ask run-on questions in a negative fashion that skew the context of the original meaning. *shakes head*
            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Balanc3
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Bill Clinton helped Dubai on ports deal
              By Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Washington
              Published: March 1 2006 23:50 | Last updated: March 1 2006 23:50

Bill Clinton, former US president, advised top officials from Dubai two weeks ago on how to address growing US concerns over the acquisition of five US container terminals by DP World.

It came even as his wife, Senator Hillary Clinton, was leading efforts to derail the deal.

Mr Clinton, who this week called the United Arab Emirates a “good ally to America”, advised Dubai’s leaders to propose a 45-day delay to allow for an intensive investigation of the acquisition, according to his spokesman.

On Sunday, DP World agreed with the White House to undertake the lengthy review, a move which has assuaged some of the opposition from the US Congress.
              However, Mrs Clinton remains a leading voice against the deal, and this week proposed legislation to block it, arguing that the US could not afford to “surrender our port operations to foreign governments”.

Mr Clinton’s spokesman said: “President Clinton is the former president of the US and as such receives many calls from world leaders and leading figures every week.

About two weeks ago, the Dubai leaders called him and he suggested that they submit to the full and regular scrutiny process and that they should put maximum safeguards and security into any port proposal.”

He added that Mr Clinton supported his wife’s position on the deal and that “ideally” state-owned companies would not own US port operations.

Mr Clinton’s contact with Dubai on the issue underscores the relationship he has developed with the United Arab Emirates since leaving office. In 2002, he was paid $300,000 (€252,000) to address a summit in Dubai.

The backlash against Dubai’s takeover has seen some lawmakers in Washington highlight the UAE’s alleged role in helping to finance September 11.
              JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• KinKyJ
                Platinum Poser
                • Jun 2004

^^^Lesson learned: doesn't matter if you vote Democrat or Republican, fucked you are either way...

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                  fucked you are either way...

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

^^^ Exactly

Yoda 4 president!

Comment

• miketpoto
                      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                      • Jan 2005

forgive me if this is a repost

but this is interesting
                      UAE gave $100 million for Katrina relief

"The United Arab Emirates sent its $100 million Katrina donation on Sept. 21 using an electronic transfer to an account at the State Department"

Comment

• jesteraver
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by superdave
                        I think this is a horrible idea and the ports should be under American control in light of terrorism and UAE's reputation for having Al-Qaeda in their country involved with 9/11. Sure, UAE and Dubai are well known for being the most western styled middle eastern country, but I'd feel more comfortable having an American or European company running major ports here.

Here's a link for more information:
                        http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/3664484.html
                        I feel your pain and I live in Canada. I find it a really bad move on your government part. As I can see from most of the posts here. I can see how you can really be upset.

I do hope it does not fall through for the safety of your country. If it does happen, we are all screwed.

Comment

• sammwalk
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

well, it just did

Comment

• superdave
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

I wonder who the U.S. company will be that will partner to take over the ports. Halliburton?
                            Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• neoee
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

So something else I heard today is that this company is already running some of our ports.
                              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• KinKyJ
                                Platinum Poser
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
                                I wonder who the U.S. company will be that will partner to take over the ports. Halliburton?
                                Without a single shred of doubt yeah

Comment

Working...