why hasnt Maulana Yousef Qureshi been arrested yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

why hasnt Maulana Yousef Qureshi been arrested yet?

hmmm????

let me put a worldwide bounty on someone's head. offer them a car, and then let me walk around like i told a fart joke.

COMON.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • sammwalk
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: why hasnt Maulana Yousef Qureshi been arrested yet?

help me out here...who is he?

Comment

• thesightless
      • Jun 2004

your friendly neighborhood cleric who has asked people from pakistan to donate moeny and goods to reward the person who kills the cartoonists.

so far he has over 1 million dollars, a car, jewelry.

but yet, in pakistan, this doesnt seem to be a crime??

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

He's the dude that put a $1M bounty on the head of the cartoonist(s) that drew the Mohammed cartoons.

Story:

I hate to say it, but the longer the violence goes on over this without the emergence of any rational thought, the more I begin to wonder if Islam really is an inherently violent religion. Some Muslim leaders need to step up and take charge. I've always believed folks when they've said that Islam is a peaceful faith, but it's showtime as far as I'm concerned.

Am I wrong here? How many people have to be engaged in something before it is no longer an "extreme fringe" at work? Last time I checked, there were more than a few people rioting over this.

I'm not one to advocate taking action against a group purely on the basis of religion. On the other hand, if one of the fundamental tenets of that religion is the violent overthrow of the western world, suffice it to say that my perspective changes somewhat.

C'mon Muslims. The lack of outrage is deafening.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

how many times does a dog bite someone before he put down?

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

After looking over my previous post, I felt compelled to do a little research on what Islam is really all about. If anyone is interested, check it out:

I'm comfortable that Islam isn't an inherently violent religion, but I would still really like to see some leadership in the Muslim community outwardly decrying this behavior. Very frustrating...

Comment

• dig72
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by toasty
              Am I wrong here? How many people have to be engaged in something before it is no longer an "extreme fringe" at work? Last time I checked, there were more than a few people rioting over this.
              Geez, your stretching it big time don't you think?

Close to 2 billion Muslims all over the globe and only a few thousand protesting. Can anyone put a figure on how many of the protestors were actually violent? From what I saw it wasn't that many. Most importantly the rioting and violence occured in countries which are tad bit unstable. No real suprises there imo.
              “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• dig72
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                how many times does a dog bite someone before he put down?

Two terms.
                “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dig72
                  Geez, your stretching it big time don't you think?

Close to 2 billion Muslims all over the globe and only a few thousand protesting. Can anyone put a figure on how many of the protestors were actually violent? From what I saw it wasn't that many. Most importantly the rioting and violence occured in countries which are tad bit unstable. No real suprises there imo.
                  You're probably 100% right, but I am getting frustrated by the lack of comment from the 2 billion moderate folks. Remember when Pat Robertson called for the head of Chavez, and the entire Christian community went out of its way to put distance between itself and those comments? I'm just saying I'd like to see the Muslim community be similarly vocal about the idea that advocating the death of a fellow human being for drawing an offensive cartoon is outrageous.

Comment

• dig72
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                    You're probably 100% right, but I am getting frustrated by the lack of comment from the 2 billion moderate folks. Remember when Pat Robertson called for the head of Chavez, and the entire Christian community went out of its way to put distance between itself and those comments? I'm just saying I'd like to see the Muslim community be similarly vocal about the idea that advocating the death of a fellow human being for drawing an offensive cartoon is outrageous.

I hear what you're saying Toasty and understand clearly, the same has been said over and over again in Australia also.

You say lack of comment but don't you really mean, lack of comment in the US/Australian media? What I'm trying to say is, you won't hear many positive things about Arabs/Muslims when your country is at war with them, you just won't hear about it. The anti Muslim/Arab bashing will only get worse in the Western media whilst the US/neocon propaganda machine roars off towards Iran/Syria.
                    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

^^ good point.

Here's a step in the right direction:

Iran's foreign minister called Monday for an end to violent protests over the Prophet Muhammad caricatures that have left at least 45 people dead in the Muslim world during the past month.

Comment

Working...