X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

why isnt this sh*t being talked about

its already late, but COMON. even if half this shit is right, and it is coming directly from the horse's mouth, then the administration was right the whole time and cliton blew it big time.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

and that to the the Sadr tapes where the two generals admit to flying the WMD's and chemical weapons out of iraq.

why the fuck isnt the media focusing on this rather than why dick cheney and the local cops waited 18 hours to report an accidental shooting.

this is so much more important, and the typical US citizen deserves and needs to read/hear this. fuck. the BBC has covered all these facts that have came out in the last 2 months better than any US based agancy, and its the US who is directly involved.

pass this article along.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Leonard Scott
    Getting warmed up
    • Dec 2005

Re: why isnt this shit being talked about

It' about the politics and how the republicans in the us can make themselves seem beter than what they are! Divert attention from the war or excuse me, the occupation, of Iraq. Americans are so close minded its disgusting. The government says we have to worry about terrorist so we have to tap your phones; which by the way is an invasion of privacy, but its ok because its for the country.......BullShizzle!!!! We need to stop making up stuff to worry about and control and focus on some real issues like Health Care, Social Security, THE TRADE DEFICIT, alternate fuel sources, (there is on about a 10 year supply of fossil fuels left and the governments of the world know it so thats why they want to control it) and things like that! This country is being ran by corruption.....Sometimes I am ashamed to be an American! That's the beauty of music......People don't care where its from, its just an expression of a feeling or emotion! Those are my thoughts.
    Leonard

DJLeonardScott.com
    www.myspace.com/djleonardscott

Comment

• davetlv
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless

why the fuck isnt the media focusing on this rather than why dick cheney and the local cops waited 18 hours to report an accidental shooting.

this is so much more important, and the typical US citizen deserves and needs to read/hear this. fuck. the BBC has covered all these facts that have came out in the last 2 months better than any US based agancy, and its the US who is directly involved.

pass this article along.
      Simple really, the liberal media can't now focus on the fact that possibly, just possibly, Bush and Co knew what they were doing when they planned the liberation of Iraq.

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

tv is run by the democrats.. radio is republican.. That is why they will always try to knock as they call him "Mr. Bush" instead of "president Bush" as they do when a democrat is in office..

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

Please, not the liberal media conspriacy again. Put away the tinfoil hats.
          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Oh come on. Is this the same liberal media that basically ignored the Downing Street Memo? The same liberal media that beat the swiftboat ads into the ground for three weeks straight during election season? The same liberal media that has dispensed with investigative journalism in favor of simply repeating, without question or analysis, the talking points of the RNC and DNC?

Just because Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilley constantly complain about the "liberal media" doesn't make it so. Clinton was raked over the coals on a daily basis for a fucking blowjob, while Bush gets away with murder for most of his presidency, completely unchecked, because he's threatened to deny access to any media outlet that criticizes the administration. It's such horseshit.

Let's take a look at CNN, who is frequently accused of being one of the more liberal networks. Their previous morning anchor, Bill Hemmer, left to join Fox News. Of their two current morning anchors, Soledad O'Brien identified the Drudge Report as her favorite website, and Miles O'Brien has never met a Republican talking point he didn't want to make sweet love to. Lemme see, who else do we have? Wolf Blitzer, who seems to be on 25 hours a day? Yeah, he's a lib... Hell, one of their anchors -- Daryn Kagen -- was dating Rush Limbaugh, for fuck's sake. And these folks are the liberals?

If the media is indeed "liberal," then perhaps it should start fucking acting like it and do something other than just parroting back whatever Bush and his buddies think is newsworthy each day. I'm not saying that the media is conservative, but the suggestion that it is a big liberal conspiracy is just so ridiculous.

We've had the liberal/not-liberal media debate on this board I don't know how many times, and my intention is not to start it back up. It's such a hackneyed cry, though, that complaining about the liberal media is equivalent to saying, "I don't have a substantive comment, so I'll just refer back to my universal scapegoat."

Comment

• davetlv
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kobe
              Please, not the liberal media conspriacy again. Put away the tinfoil hats.
              Never, mine's very fetching don't you think!

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

GE owns NBC.. Ted Turner owns CNN.. hence corporate america always goes democratic

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

who fuck cares if the media is liberal or not? in politics it should be centered. and it should be run liberally . in the fact that the should air whatever they want and if you dont like, grab the remoite and change the channel.

but this shit is majorly important to the current state of affairs. why are they ingoring the fact the last two years of political infighting and damn near every major comment from a broadcaster, politician and twats like bill o reilly, mike moore and john stewart may not have any base

Comment

• thesightless
                    • Jun 2004

essentially im saying this
                    1. first they all agreed on iraq
                    2. when it took too long, half the world flipped and say we were wrong, including those who voted for it.
                    3. then they spend 2 years trashing us for being there, and limiting what we can do there. saying we lied, we fabricated it for oil, we lied about wmd's, we lied about aggression.
                    4. every time a camera is around any potential candidate they harp on about how he lied.
                    5. NOW WE MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIGHT AND PROOF IS IN FRONT OF US. BUT NO ONE IS EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT UNLESS THEY LIVE IN ENGLAND.

and by ""we"" and ""us"" i simply mean the USA lead coalition in general, no division of parties within.

Comment

• Kobe
                      I wish I had an interesting User title
                      • Jun 2004

I don't know Sean, did you even read the story? First of all, it says ABC News ran this on Wednesday which is where BBC got wind of it for their Thursday page. Secondly it goes on to say,

But there is no evidence from these tapes that Iraq was still hiding programmes ahead of the US-led invasion in 2003 - one of the major reasons for military action.
                      Finally it is public record that there was no connection btw Iraq and Al Queda until we toppled Saddam. So whatever weapons program they had in 95 wasn't targeted at us. Maybe they were planning on lobbing a few Scuds over the boarder at Iran, something we sure haven't had a problem with the past.

It seems like you are hell bent to politicize an issue that is threatening all of us. And nowhere do I find any vindication for the administration or justification for their war in this. All we have accomplished is stirring up a hornet's nest and pushing this prophecy one step closer to fulfillment.
                      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• thesightless
                        • Jun 2004

their is no evidence because they COULD have moved them, which is currently being back by two former iraqi generals, one from the baath party, one not. both have attested to different people at different times that the military stripped two civilian airliners and transported the evidence out of the country into syria in the months before the invasion.

im not trying to vindicate anyone, but there is more to the story than anyone cares to expose.

and lastly, they made a major point of linnking iraq to terror, not to al queda, he never said they harbored the al queda membership. stop trying to make it look like they did. it was mostly about oil, but the WMD's were the tipping point to go in. now it looks like they were there. so all the criticism that we lied about WMD's might really be unwarrented and the accusation of WMD's to be true. this war has split this country in half and we are only hurting each other by not showing it all. if someone showed the whole picture then maybe ppl could see more of both sides

Comment

• thesightless
                          • Jun 2004

i ask myself, do people want to know the truth and the whole story? or do we need another reason on a long list to hate the buffoon in the white house and his sinister cronies.

more and more i think people just want the latter and would be happy living in bliss, while saddam's WMD's lie in the hands of another radical country just waiting for a reason and a time.

Comment

• neoee
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

I think your over analyzing the issue. The reason is more likely much simpler; ratings. What sells more? The VP shooting his friend in the face or some same old, same old, talk of Saddam, who is already in custody, and his WMD's? After all we are talking about an audience who in some cases don't even know how many states make up the US.
                            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

Sean -- this is old news. There were specific claims that WMDs had been moved to Syria back in 2003-04, which were pretty much fully vetted and dismissed in the Duelfer report. Perhaps the reason this isn't getting more play is because we've already been down this road.

Sure, the fact that you have some more evidence corroborating the story makes it more likely, but it still falls in the face of substantial conflicting evidence. Further, if this really did exonerate the president, don't you think he'd be blabbing on about it at every opportunity, especially with all the other shit that's going wrong in his administration right now? Between Cheney's shooting, Katrina and the wiretap deal, if I were Bush and thought this story had legs, it would be the first thing McClellan talked about every day, and I'd have Fox News running 24/7 coverage of it.

Comment

Working...