So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....

Where have all the good warm djs gone?
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sammwalk
      ...such as?
      private services that I do pay for...I look at it this way: you can spend TONS of time searching, downloading, bitching at cutoffs, etc. on Soulseek and the like, or you can get it through paying services, other shops, trades, etc. and pay for most of what you get...and maximize your time shopping and listening.

Besides, anyone who just uses Soulseek (like probably said example in the beginning) is still limiting themself: some place (or someone) is always going to have some track faster then some other place (or someone) and not every place is going to have every track...besides *time* is relative; I've played stuff that I've seen show up in Mark Farina's sets months later...does that make me a "better" DJ because I might have gotten that track first? Hell no; there's so much stuff coming out in this day and age that there's no way one can keep up with it.

Originally posted by 3d_1200
      the people that don't support the scene don't last long and have no real future. Yea, maybe they will get some small scale gigs and perhaps even get a big $50 for the night, but when they try to advance further then that they will fail because they never showed support to anyone and nobody will be there to support them. While they are frustrating, your sense of pride should have taken over and realized you were a better person in general and wasting your time with such ignorant people only drags you down to their level.
      short of the fact that he swung at you first, this kid sounds like the above...I'm wondering though how Victor booked this one...never was mentioned
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• geoffgulley
        Platinum Poster
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by geoffgulley
        my friend victor had seen him spin at a party in houston and really loved his music. the dj in question told victor he was hooked up with a bunch of producers and got "promo's" from them all the time etc, etc...
        ^^that's for you fm.....
        "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

ahhh ok got him confused with the other one...makes sense now.

Ok kids the moral of the story is check a DJ's references before booking

he won't go very far...
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...