• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

DJ electr-0n - the PHOTO (demo version)

Time to do some global marketing for a friend of mine

Bioni aka DJ electr-0n is an upcoming talent in the Macedonian EDM scene. Although he's still quite young, he has already claimed a few residencies. His style is quite broad, going from RnB over trance to techno, but his his favourite weapons of choice at the moment are house and progressive.

Apart from building his DJ carreer, Bioni is also putting a lot of sweat, blood and tears into producing his first release called The PHOTO. It's a progressive track and although it's only in the "demo status" and still needs some fine tuning, I think has serious potential.

The tune starts off with a tribal twist, which gives you the impression that it's the intro of a housy track. But when the synth samples kick in, the PHOTO reveals itself as a progressive club anthem with a nice drive and a lot of variation.

Bioni sent me the demo version yesterday for feedback as he's being very (too?) critical about it and thought a fresh perspective on the track might allow him to lift it up to a higher level. I thought that it would be a good idea to get some feedback from the MS community as well. So feel free to download it, take it for a test drive and to post your expert opinions in this thread.

DJ electr-0n - the PHOTO

As for my remarks:
    - The deep base rythm sample should be a little deeper, heavier and prominent.
    - The high pitched synth sample that kicks in after 2mins and 24secs has an interesting "retro", old skool trance sound to it, but for one reason or another it doesn't blend into the track very well. Topping it off more with a limiter could solve this.
    - The overall structure is still a bit fuzzy to me and could be improved by for example emphasising a rythm sample throughout the track or maybe by adding a vocal sample.
    - Stripping down the break at 5min 02secs to the bass rythm sample and let the tune kick back in full force could add some extra punch.

My 2 cents tho'

So let's hear it people, what's the verdict of the jury?
    Last edited by KinKyJ; February 23, 2006, 01:06:02 PM.
  • Aims
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jan 2006

Re: DJ electr-0n - the PHOTO (demo version)

Dude...If hes serious about releasing that song you might do him a favor and don't share this on boards

Who wants to release song that is all over internet for free? Even if this is demo.

About track: I think its not finished at all. This track needs more percussions, more synths & elements, some groovy bassline (rightnow its really weak), more FXs.
    Lead synth sound AND riff is too trancy for progressive track and beat doesnt reminds me house at all . Just becouse this track haves some weak bongos it doesnt mean its tribal

So, he needs to do more work if he wants to release that track.

Don't get me wrong. I'm just being honest with you.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Re: DJ electr-0n - the PHOTO (demo version)

Originally posted by Aims
      Dude...If hes serious about releasing that song you might do him a favor and don't share this on boards

Who wants to release song that is all over internet for free? Even if this is demo.

About track: I think its not finished at all. This track needs more percussions, more synths & elements, some groovy bassline (rightnow its really weak), more FXs.
      Lead synth sound AND riff is too trancy for progressive track and beat doesnt reminds me house at all . Just becouse this track haves some weak bongos it doesnt mean its tribal

So, he needs to do more work if he wants to release that track.

Don't get me wrong. I'm just being honest with you.
      Well maybe the "demo" denomination was a bit of a wrong choice of words, it's rather a work in progress version. The final version will be very different, so I don't think that anyone would go for thius version moreover because they are some glitches in the FXs.

Btw, I said the intro was tribal housy, not the synths or not even the track itself.

But thx for the feedback, my team of trained monkeys is forwarding it to tha man as we speak

Comment

Working...