X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

[DOWNLOADS] - Barish Turker *EXCLUSIVE* & Damian Lazarus

Another banging week of special downloads brought to you by team [ms] and those that actually make the mixes happen. This go-round we've got a 2 part exclusive from none other than [ms] friend, the phenomenal Barish Turker. Barish is one of the head honchos of the wildly-popular and super successful Red Flag Collective label. The mix that Barish has put together is a 2 hour blinder recorded at a very recent gig in Poland. A million thanks go out to Jibgolly for landing this exclusive for us and a million more go out to Barish for allowing us to share it with all of you. See pics from the night, along with the flyer and Barish's bio below.

The other download I've decided to host is cut from a recent Fergie on Radio1 show in which Damian Lazarus threw together an all-British producer mix featuring some massive forthcoming releases, some of which on his own Crosstown Rebels label. The new Holden remix of Blackstrobe's latest is . Just a shame that it's such a short mix, hopefully some of his sets from WMC will surface in a few months.

Barish Turker Biography
    因为在pg电子网址【kflaoge66.com】当中的所有游戏,pg电子试玩是真正的亚洲第一平台,享受与线下娱乐一样的人气,保证24小时为您提供周到的服务.。

Barish is a dedicated music lover and a very promising talent dj/producer. His passion for music began with his long escapades into the world of R'n'b and Soul. His mad nights during the early times of Twilo made him fall in love with electronic music and its performance.

After winning a mixing competition held by New York City?s well known Dj Mark Divine (Sound Factory) Barish secured himself two local weekly residencies at the Leopard Lounge and Liquids sharing the booth respectively with Mark Divine and Julio Terra (MuzakTherapy).

After returning to his native country, Barish quickly became a resident at Turkey?s most prestigious clubs such as Crystal, Nuclub and Underground. During this time Barish has become one of the principal member DJs of the highly regarded ?Together? crew notably comprising international house talents such as Yunus Guvenen, Subsky, Muzo B, Fuchs and Agentorange. His evergrowing ?Wet?n?Juicee? nights at NuClub had been a landmark for house lovers in the past year.

Barish has been DJ?ing with a pious dedication since early 2000 and his hard work is felt in his key mixing abilities and exceptional track selection. He is known by his friends as one of the most disciplined and motivated Dj in the country, nothing can tear him apart from the booth not even a broken leg! His blend of unique sounds and rather hypnotic approach has caught the attention of IDJ magazine, which commented his set with great review in the Readers? Mixes Section on May 2003 issue. Barish has started to host for 34 BPM shows on the internet?s leading dance broadcast Proton Radio after his brilliant guest mixes.

Barish has performed fantastic sets in Miami at Proton Radio?s Party (w/Subsky), Dinamo?s Party (w/ Fuchs), Red Flag Collective Release Party (w/ Yunus) at Hartford, CT, Swamy?s Sunday night party at Le Souk (w/ Astro & Glyde) ? New York and recently created quite a stir at Bulgaria?s Life House & Comics Club, Poland?s Klatka & Mandragora, Romania?s Kristal Club and Hungary?s Dokk Club (Red Flag Collective Closing Party w/ Yunus). Moreover, he performed live with Burhan ??al at Turquality Fashion Project that took place at Moscow?s Music House.

Barish has also been busy working in the studio with Muzo B and has written the follow up to their already Digweed favorite ?Adequate Medication? which was first spotted at the Sasha&Digweed Coloursfest ?03 radio set and released on December on his own collective imprint Red Flag Collective, a brand new label he started with Yunus G?venen, Subsky and Muzo B. Barish and Muzo?s monstrous project ?Intra-Venous? has took place at Digweed?s last September Chart. The ?Together? crew?s newly formed independent electronic music station Dinamo 103.8 (www.dinamo.fm) imprint has been shaking the airwaves for the last few years which led Bpm magazine (Sept. 2005 issue) to cover their growing success in its ?Istanbul Shakers? article including an interview with Barish himself.

- Barish?s LOW and Section shows can be heard live on Dinamo 103.8 through the following schedule at www.dinamo.fm.

- His live performance can be caught at highly acclaimed ?Together? night at Istanbul?s Crystal and his bi-weekly ?Wet?n?Juicee? nights at NuClub.

LOW

In Barish?s own words:

?LOW is more of a personal concept that started in the early days of my dj?ing career. I concentrate on everything from deep/soulful vibes to minimal/experimental sounds. It?s basically the music that I usually prefer to listen to at home or play for my friends. It was inevitable for me to impose this vision to my club sets and now it became a major action. My aim is to represent a powerful flow and a hypnotic approach. Deep technoey grooves, penetrating pads, electroey riffs, provoking synth lines, bouncy tripped-out loops blended with futuristic-trippy vibes are just some of the sounds that you?re going to experience in this intense affair. So, let the music speak for itself through this hypnotic journey!?

Section

Section reflects Barish?s diverse music selection and represents his true club action. Expect everything from soulful, funky, housy vibes to tribal, electro, progressive and techno.

In Barish?s own words:

?I concentrate on everything from minimal bleepy sounds to house, electro, progressive and techno as long as I can create a mood and a meaning. Vocals, dreamy pads, tribal loops, electroey vibes, acidic riffs are used to full effect. Especially during my performance, my aim is to take people on different levels and let them express their selves freely through music, share the moment with them and experience a mutual flow. Section concept is somewhat of a representative of what I do in clubs?.

- Barish?s LOW and Section shows can be heard live on Dinamo 103.8 through the following schedule at www.dinamo.fm.

- His live performance can be caught at highly acclaimed ?Together? night at Istanbul?s Crystal and his bi-weekly ?Wet?n?Juicee? nights at NuClub.

Check out:
    Friendly Match EP: Muzo vs. Barish Turker ? Adequate Medication/Maxine Vegas ? Closed Spaces Pt.2 ? Red Flag Collective 003

A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • JoeY2k
    Addiction started
    • Aug 2005

Re: [DOWNLOADS] - Barish Turker *EXCLUSIVE* & Damian Lazarus

thanks 1000x

Comment

• LoUiS
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Thanks guys
      Good work as usual !!!
      Don't take life too Seriously!!!

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

barish's set is filled with unknown tracks. i didnt know a single one actually.
        great mix and i wish i was there to hear it.

Comment

• Chatterbot
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Barish?s set is A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Barish Turker rocks. Thanks for the downloads as always!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kobe
              I wish I had an interesting User title
              • Jun 2004

Barish!! this has made up for the fact that today is Monday, thanks as always to my dealer, [ms]
              Beats are my crack.

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

Thanks, can't wait to check out barish's new set. I always enjoy hearing his sets.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Apr 2005

tasty... downloading it now. thanks jibs.
                  "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

Damian's set is bleh, as usual. Dig Turker's tho, nice one!!

Comment

• 3d_1200
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

^^ i was kind of disapointed in the craig sylvester and matt tolfrey track. usually i like there stuff a lot.

but the forthcoming metrika tracks on crosstown rebels are fantastic.
                      http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• ZendoBro
                        Mr. Roboto
                        • Dec 2004

I loved the Lazarus set.
                        I am no cyberwhore...
                        http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

• GregWhelan
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

What kind of music does this Barish guy play? I keep seeing loads of sets by him, but no tracklists or anything. Who is he comparable to music-wise i.e. Damian lazarus, Holden, Fanciulli, Masiello, Sasha etc?

Comment

• skahound
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jun 2004

Hard to put a finger on Barish's style specifically. I would say it's prog infused with a bit of the tech sound at times. His productions are quality - always have been. Head over to juno and have a listen to some of his tracks. Or just check out some tunes on his label Red Flag Collective to get a feel.
                            A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• khoole
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • May 2005

barrish's kompact set has been getting alot of plays from me recently. this one should be the cherry on top.

wasn't familiar with his story, thanks for posting that!

Comment

Working...