X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lancecashion
    Getting Somewhere
    • May 2005

Re: "goog"

BTW, if you want to lose money... sell on weakness.

Especially, if you get sucked into momentum buying and you don't know when to take a profit.
    www.protonradio.com

http://www.myspace.com/lancecashion

12:31:06 Lance Cashion @ Spin-Austin
    01:26:06 Lance Cashion @ Seawalk-Jax

Comment

• anonin
      Juvenile Delinquent
      • Oct 2005

google needs to diversify the way they bring in revenue if it hopes to have its stock in a good position in the future. the pay-per-click advertising revenue wont hold up forever.

Comment

• Localizer
        Platinum Poster
        • Jul 2004

ya they need a googlestation or googlebox. I would stick with keeping the stock.
        Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
        -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• lancecashion
          Getting Somewhere
          • May 2005

I think they need to get together with a great computer maker (AAPL) and a great coffee maker (SBUX) and completely take over the world... at least mine I forgot iTunes... oh and the 20% share that Starbucks will have in China's coffee drinking market.

oooohhhh!!!!

agreed with the pay-per-click thought, that is why Reyes said their growth would slow in 2006.
          www.protonradio.com

Comment

• neoee
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

They are working with Ubuntu right now. I can only assume on an OS for a google appliance.
            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

I really think "goog" is creating the dot net bubble all over again or at least an instance. very over hyped and very over priced. it is only time before it comes crashing down. The only good thing about google (investor stand point) is that they got their hands in so many pots, and that if one sector fails they can still be on the up and up. Great company strategy and highly risky.

Lance, I do not agree on your comment with straight weakness and lows ("goog"). Just because a stock falls does not mean you should buy. You must be carefull, I have watched some stocks drop, drop, and drop. Luckily google is big enough, and hopefully smart enough. Granted if you are a day trader or short term, you could make some money very quickly, but I am a long term investor. This is too risky for me.

On the other hand, the stock market to some is a form of gambling.

Buy if you wish, but buy it at high risk. I would never recommend someone to invest in a stock like that. You get yourself shot ... and I all ready have been shot at.

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/w?s=GOOG (that line down does not sit well with me)

ps. Go etrade!
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• lancecashion
                Getting Somewhere
                • May 2005

Originally posted by asdf_admin

Lance, I do not agree on your comment with straight weakness and lows ("goog"). Just because a stock falls does not mean you should buy. You must be carefull, I have watched some stocks drop, drop, and drop. Luckily google is big enough, and hopefully smart enough. Granted if you are a day trader or short term, you could make some money very quickly, but I am long term investor. This is too risky for me.

ps. Go etrade!
                I never said that if just any "stock" falls in price ...buy it. No, you look for a solid company (with good financials) with a stock price that might be low for a period of time (on sale). Like AAPL was on Monday. It went on sale in my opinion. Time to buy shares. Let it go up and book a profit... hold on to a bit for Q1 announcements.

I have long-term investments for slow-growth/dividends for safety and short-term (high-growth) investments with higher risk but have potential for huge profits. The days of buy and hold are over. I spend a couple hours per day going over each of my positions. I agree with sticking with slow-growth market giants like GE (for example). However, I would buy an annuity linked to the S&P if I wan security. There is no security linked directly with one individual equity.

*** It also depends on your investing needs and style. I have dedicated part of my portfolio to high-growth more speculative stocks that have potiential to 3X the S&P. Given their is risk but, the reward could be huge. I also have more conservative stocks like United Health Care (UNH)... still have poteniel to have solid growth. I'm in and out of Apple, taking profits when I can (a trade). I also buy deep in-the-money calls (options) as well. There is a difference in trading and investing. I look for both and know what to expect from both... risk and upside.

If you want long term stability, look for an annutity...AIG is a good company. Hell, buying some gold is good as well.

Wanna beat all this shit with a big stick... Real Estate in well priced/stable growning markets where you know the history.

I think a little of everything is the best plan.

I AM BY NO MEANS RECOMMENDING YOU DO ANYTHING WITHOUT RESEARCH.

BTW, I love having this conversation... people should know more about what to do with their money. Its not taught in school.
                www.protonradio.com

Comment

• shosh
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lancecashion
                  Wanna beat all this shit with a big stick... Real Estate in well priced/stable growning markets where you know the history.
                  Agreed! For example Massachusetts appreciation has been at 630% over the last 25 years or so plus rent is about $21/sq ft... and this is just one state...

Comment

• lancecashion
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • May 2005

ps. Go etrade!
                    ETrade? LOL

I think that TD Ameritrade is the better investment play. I got in before they announced the special $6 dividend (@ $26/per share)... and then they bought out TD Waterhouse. The stock dropped 6 points. I held and bought more after the fall. (b/c the company financials are solid)... And the 6 point drop was just a discount from the $6 divided. Now its trading in at $22.40. Completely counterintuitive, but then so is the market.
                    www.protonradio.com

Comment

• asdf_admin
                      i use to be important
                      • Jun 2004

haha. etrade rules. I am a power trader now, they do not hit me so hard when I trade now. I know I am a sucker.

Yes sir. I also like talking about money as well esp. in a more technical sense (investments).

I know what you mean, and I agree with you. I want to buy google at some point ... but it's a search engine with an entry field and an enter button. My logical mind battles that very hard.

I really got beaten bad by Flextronics "FLEX"... and still am trying to recover. They bounce around like no other, or perhaps because each slide or gain is a vacation or not. Ugh. Every morning ... It's sell or Buy, sell or buy, sell or buy. I should just set a price and leave. Fun stuff.

Yesterday, I spilt 20% of my 401k into 10% EAFE (INTERNATIONAL) (16% Gain) & 10% RUSSELL 2000 (Aprox 5%). I was reading all day about investments at work and all my stock options, etc. I was in heaven and got paid for it. sweet.

I was actually in a stocks and commodities class in HS. I loved it. We had $50,000 and had to invest in at least 3 companies. I can not remember which comps I picked, but I know I came out 85,000 after 6 months. I hit a couple 2 for 1 splits and both prices almost reached the original spilt price. Very very lucky. I was top gainer in my class, and I think year. Because pot was introduced to me that year, I did not go to the State sponsored event for top gainers. I think I was swiming in a body of water with my junior friends throwing mud at each other. O boy, life.

I still wish it was were real. ... dreams.
                      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• lancecashion
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • May 2005

I still wish it was were real. ... dreams.
                        You know what they say about wishing....

Wish in one hand and shite in the other and see which one fill up faster!! LOL

Good luck my friend... I used TD Ameritrade and I own the stock. Not afraid to sell it either.

take care

-LC
                        www.protonradio.com

Comment

• asdf_admin
                          i use to be important
                          • Jun 2004

no doubt. thx pal and you too.
                          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• lancecashion
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • May 2005

GOOGLE UPDATE: Stock

Google is up $15 per share since this thread started.

Trading at $379 at 1:50pm CST

Enjoy the ride!
                            www.protonradio.com

Comment

• Hos
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

do you think they read mercuryserver?