X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Nuff said

Take your time, this thread isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by evangelion
      Take your time, this thread isn't going anywhere.
      Been thinking that for like a week already

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I meant physically, not philisophically.

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

applicable to both imo

Comment

• davetlv
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
            And I am definitely under the impression that many Americans, much more than Europeans, have this way of looking at the news because it is all they get fed. So far the only American news source that has so much as tried to strike a balance is CNN, which you all loathe because it is 'too leftist', while IMO it is one of the few really critical and objective news sources you have over there.
            Bwahhhhhhhhhhhh Yao, seriously, CNN balanced? Nothing more than an appologist station for anti-westernism!

Originally posted by Yao
            I think there is a serious attitude difference, and it is NOT because you Americans have been hit so hard by the Muslim community. You've had a few attacks, we've had the Moors occupy Spain for fucks sake. In my country out of 16 million people we have 1 million Muslims. We were almost a Muslim continent, but still we manage to be less itchy about our Eastern neighbours. How come?
            Mmmmm, lets see, whats the word i'm looking for. . . . appeasment!

It never worked when Chamberlin tried it with Hitler and it wont work now. European have to take a stand and do it before its too late.

I have no objections to people following their own beliefs, but you must do so in the confines of the countries you live in.

If Europe is not careful then you, like Spain all those years ago, will become nothing more than an extension of Islamic imperialism

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

AAARRGGHH Dave...did i mention anything about Europe condoning the shit that is going on right now? I don't think so: I definitely want Europe to take a stand now, but what I loathe is simple unfounded panic reactions such as I see with some of our counterparts across the Atlantic man.

Take me as an example: I want my country to deal with extremists, in the hardest possible way. Does that mean that I start generalizing the Muslim community in my country and quit the dialogue? No sir...for it is vital to keep that going to increase understanding and mutual respect.

Appeasement is not my game, nor should it be Europe's. But I refuse to go into that anti Islam bandwagon alltogether if you don't mind.

As for CNN: seriously, if it's not blatantly pro-western it's anti-western? Maaaaan....I can't believe reading this coming from you. If there's one channel bringing you a little bit of culture (although they definitelt do not do so in an anthropological way), it's CNN. American needs a big ass input of knowledge about other cultures. The only reason they know about Israel is because America loves your country, but most of them know fuckall about the Arabic culture as far as I can judge right now.
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...