If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Final Cut doesnt come with systems, it is pro editing software...
Final cut for intel macs is in final beta stage currently (thats why the power machines arent out yet (powermac is no longer called power cause the processor is no longer a powerprocessor it's intel) They will likely all be released in May or June...
and these 2 programs are good but more for animation and effects than for linear editing...
any digital editing is non-linear
I'd recommend premiere if you are looking to just do something simple. Its pretty easy to learn and does everything final cut does..... unless you are working with HD or need crazy codecs. Premiere is making ground with each version... people just like to shit on it because of preconcieved notions based on prior versions.... its come a long way though. I personally use it for editing and I know many other studios and professionals alike that have it in their pipeline....
I've used avid, final cut, vegas, premiere, media100... pretty much all the major editing apps quite extensively and they are all basically the same.... Video editing is video editing. Pretty cut and dry.
So Sony Vegas will no longer work on Vista for me. Not compatible... Anyone have any suggestions for good video editing software that is compatible with Vista?
once i just found out that the entire film "Oh Brother where art thou" was all edited on macs running final cut pro...i knew it was one of the top programs for editing...I just wish I had a mac so i could use it. They are apparently not going to release a windowns version.
Right now for my video editing, I use the program that came with my computer, it's called. InterVideo WIN DVD Creator. Not bad, but it tends to crash a bit.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment