• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delirious
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Unhappy Workers Should Take Prozac --Bush Campaigner

Unhappy Workers Should Take Prozac --Bush Campaigner

A campaign worker for President Bush said on Thursday American workers unhappy with low-quality jobs should find new ones -- or pop a Prozac to make themselves feel better.

"Why don't they get new jobs if they're unhappy -- or go on Prozac?" said Susan Sheybani, an assistant to Bush campaign spokesman Terry Holt.

The comment was apparently directed to a colleague who was transferring a phone call from a reporter asking about job quality, and who overheard the remark.

When told the Prozac comment had been overheard, Sheybani said: "Oh, I was just kidding."

While recent employment growth has buoyed Bush's economic record, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) has argued the new jobs are not as good as those lost due to outsourcing in recent years.

Nearly 1.1 million jobs have been lost since Bush took office in January 2001.

Yep, the Bush team REALLY cares about the average American.

What an impressive crowd: the haves, and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite, I call you my base. George W. Bush
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

if only it were that easy to find another job...
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re:: Unhappy Workers Should Take Prozac --Bush Campaigner

I'd suggest them move to California and smoke dope legally.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

actually, I suspect the "take Prozac" comment is exactly what Bush's contributors in the pharmaceutical industry like to hear...

Comment

• sheryar
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2004

sheryar

- - - - - - - - - -
          http://www.sheryarhyatt.com

Comment

Working...