X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Bush Wants Line-Item Veto

Worst idea ever. Why would we want to give this clown more power?

The absurd thing is that it isn't as if Bush has refrained from passing a law because he was troubled by a particular portion of it -- the guy hasn't vetoed a single bill. All this will do is allow Bush (or any president, for that matter) to unilaterally change any law -- and you can make some pretty radical changes to a law by just striking some provisions, to the point where it may not have the same effect intended by Congress.

Bad idea for any president, IMO, but a really bad idea for Bush, a powermonger and idiot...

For the record, before any of you hop up and down about the fact that Clinton wanted this, too, I was just as strongly against it then, as well.
  • Kobe
    I wish I had an interesting User title
    • Jun 2004

Re: Bush Wants Line-Item Veto

This will be another nice test for the "State's Rights" asshole supreme court. See how well they stuck to those guns in the 2000 election.
    Beats are my crack.

Comment

• sammwalk
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

hm. yeah, i'm all for it if i trust the pres, which i don't. so in clinton's case, i was for it, but now i'd be against it because i don't want bush screwing things up even more.

well, that's impossible...he's in office for 2 more years, so things are going to get screwed up regardless, but still...

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

"Spreading democracy" all over the world while proposing laws like this one... What's next? Proposing a law allowing only parties whose name begins with an R to participate in elections?

Too much power delegated to one office is always a bad idea, no matter who's running the show.

Say, what's Bush doing in the polls lately? Last thing I heard was that his populairty was dropping faster than a brick on speed...

Anywayz, I'm getting some 3M shares I think. Duct tape sales should be on the rise pretty soon

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
          Say, what's Bush doing in the polls lately? Last thing I heard was that his populairty was dropping faster than a brick on speed...
          He's in a bad way -- average of the polls since 2/26 have him at 38.7% approval, 56.7% disapproval, with a low approval of 34% and a high disapproval of 60%.

By way of comparison, on the day Clinton was impeached his approval rating was in the low 60s depending upon what poll you looked at, which spiked to 73% thereafter in one poll.

That's pretty telling, IMO...

Comment

• KinKyJ
            Platinum Poser
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
            He's in a bad way -- average of the polls since 2/26 have him at 38.7% approval, 56.7% disapproval, with a low approval of 34% and a high disapproval of 60%.

By way of comparison, on the day Clinton was impeached his approval rating was in the low 60s depending upon what poll you looked at, which spiked to 73% thereafter in one poll.

Thx for the info toasty. Nice overview!

It's pretty telling that a president get impeached for lying about who sucked his dick while another president is scratching his ass while New Orleans gets washed away

Comment

• sammwalk
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty

i don't care about how popular he is or not. obviously he doesn't either because he ignores everybody...

Comment

• superdave
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Thankfully, I don't see Bush getting this power. They've been trying to pass the President getting the Line-Item Veto power for many years. Let's not let the President get even more power to cause more problems.
                Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Kobe
                  I wish I had an interesting User title
                  • Jun 2004

Too much power, too much for Clinton or Bush. The whole concept for our system of gov is checks and balances. Things are far enough out of wack as it is, we don't need to go and make it any worse.
                  Beats are my crack.

Comment

• thesightless
                    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                    • Jun 2004

ban gov't IMO. all of them. just kick them all out of office and start over. since carter was elected this country has slowly progressed to 50-50 voting and nothing is working.
                    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...