X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Who does the UN actually represent?

Read my latest blog entry via www.blowkick.com and discuss!

• thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Who does the UN actually represent?

yao knows my opinion abuot hte UN. perfectly stated ""it is the biggest waste of a country's funding"" all they do is debate debate and debate without acting in any erasonable manner. on the few occasions they put ""UN peacekeepers"" anywhere, a few months later a military action is needed to rescue those people. they are far too timid and afraid to use force when it is demanded. and frankly they havent united any of the member countries under its umbrella. the organization itself is nothing more than the nosey busybody soccer mom from your neighborhood that can scold you to death while you laugh at her the minute they shut up, they want to correct things, but lack any capacity to do so.

just look at the current situation in iran. iran is openly defying them for about 3 onths now with the nuclear research, and yet they cannot figure out what to do. either sanction the country to death, or act militarily. but no, they have to deliberate over and over while iran continues to progress thier facilities.

for years hussein laughed at the UN while he killed more and more people until the current coalition stepped in.

one word ::africa.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Re: Who does the UN actually represent?

I'm all for intervention forces, but peacekeeping forces?? They've gotten their asses kicked time after time and people have been killed with those blue helmets around. Peacekeeping is a fucking farce IMO.

The problem with peacekeeping is that it rests on the consent of both warring parties: if they don't agree, the UN can't do shit. The core of peacekeeping is that engagement in it is completely coluntary. When that aspect gets removed or isn't there in the first place, it turns into either an invention force or they need to withdraw their troops. It's pretty damn complicated legal stuff, I know that much...

Africa has a few hotbeds that need to be adressed ASAP, mostly Sudan and Congo at the moment. And if possible, Ethiopia/Eritrea too. Sudan and Congo are disrupting large regions with their internal struggles, not in the least because the surrounding countries are trying to gain from the problems in there.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...