X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Fox Talk

Not that there's any rational person that would quibble with the idea that Fox News is not, in fact, "Fair and Balanced" and that it slants to the right, but it nevertheless bears mention that Fox has now made it official. Casting aside any doubt, Fox Talk has replaced "Sirius Right" as the satellite radio provider's primary channel for conservative talk radio.
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: Fox Talk

I've noticed they hired a new anchor too in order to get on the same level as their audience:

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

That's a pretty good observation. I agree Fox is slanted to the right.

What's funny is when I talk to right wingers that they see Fox in the middle and CNN and MSNBC as left wing media outlets.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

thats why we can simply change the channel. why even listen to political talk> you are only gonna get spin. IMUS is the only thing i can listen to on politics, cuz he like me, hates everyone.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
          thats why we can simply change the channel. why even listen to political talk> you are only gonna get spin.
          I agree, but that is, IMO, what makes what Fox does so egregious. When you sit down and listen to political talk, you know you're going to get spin. When you watch the news, however, there is an expectation that you'll be getting factual information and when you're presented with political commentary, it will be identified as such. Fox News blends the two and regularly has anchors openly offering commentary. Obviously, new reporters are people, and I don't think it is realistic to expect that a reporters' personal views will never seep into what they're doing, but I think most reporters at least make a conscious effort to keep it in check. Fox openly presents commentary as if it were news.

Seriously, though, I'm not a person that is upset about Fox's existence. If the right wants a news outlet, it's certainly entitled to have one, and there's certainly a market for people that want "news" that is focused directly to that crowd. I'm glad, however, that it's finally embracing the role we all know it plays.

Comment

• geoffgulley
            Platinum Poster
            • Apr 2005

fox leans to the right? what?..... the simpsons do a better job making fun of fox news than anybody i know
            "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

whats really gonna blow ur mind is that FOX and Rupert Murdoch are top donators to hillary clinton b/c they pay her to lobby for thier main network getting around the censors. weird that the company itself and the Cheif rupert have quietly backed the democratic party while hosting a right leaning news channel.
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

I've always found it ironic that Fox News and Fox the network seem to be on such different pages. Fox News is conservative, while Fox really pushes the envelope in terms of risque and edgy programming -- the sort of things conservatives tend to fight against...

Comment

• speciale
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Dec 2005

I rather see a news station that is a bit more balanced. Its time that people need to talk for the people and not their party. I still can't believe sightless's statment on Murdoch backing that cunt Clinton. I would have never had guessed that.

I am with you Sightless, I fuckn hate everyone too, except Captain Kangaroo. He is ok RIP.
                  Originally posted by Miroslav
                  It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                  No Soup for You

Comment

Working...