• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lrn
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jan 2005

JOHN DIGWEED || June 9 @ Ruby Skye SF

i swear he was just here.. so stoked

http://www.club-calendar.com/cgi-bin/DJcalendar.cgi?TEMPLATE=rubyweb-event.html&EVENTNO=00086

Last edited by Lrn; April 24, 2006, 04:16:11 PM.
  • sakio pod
    SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

Re: JOHN DIGWEED || June 9 @ Ruby Skye SF

no shit thats what i thought

damn hope he swings through vegas again.......maybe he's making the same trip as in janurary

isn't he playing at the mayan in june too

Comment

• sakio pod
      SALAD TOSSER
      • Jun 2004

Comment

• Lrn
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jan 2005

never been to a club in vegas, maybe this summer

Comment

• sakio pod
          SALAD TOSSER
          • Jun 2004

i'll be there on the 9th just got tickets

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Sounds like a west coast road trip.
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Lrn
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jan 2005

i was looking at gettinga booth for this event, 10 people, 40 bucks a persone, you guys think we could rock it? my buddy and i for sure.

Comment

• sakio pod
                SALAD TOSSER
                • Jun 2004

is the table close to the booth????

Comment

• Lrn
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jan 2005

there on the second floor, overlooking the dance floor

Comment

• palmer
                    Retired or Simply Important
                    • Jun 2004

I think I got 3-5 people going. We might be down for a booth.
                    todayistomorrow
                    art direction | design | animation

Comment

• sakio pod
                      SALAD TOSSER
                      • Jun 2004

well shit me and my girl thats 2 more
                      Last edited by sakio pod; April 23, 2006, 03:47:41 AM.

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Sounds good
                        Let me know the details
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...

Am I close here?

Comment

• sakio pod
                          SALAD TOSSER
                          • Jun 2004

Ruby Skye, Spundae and Nitevibe present
                          John Digweed

Friday, June 9 - 9pm
                          John Digweed
                          (johndigweed.com, Bedrock, TCA The Collective)

Jungle Room
                          RasCue & Friz-B
                          (Hip Hop & Downtempo)

Visual Digital Art
                          VJ Pioneer Stefan G

Light Jock
                          Allan Susanto

Winner; Best Sound System-
                          North America
                          WMC 2006 Club World Awards

Also nominated for Best Club & Best Night.

Spundae, the IDMA 2006 winner for Best Event Promoter.

JOHN DIGWEED BIOGRAPHY:
                          By the end of the 1990s, Sasha and John Digweed had become two of the most recognized DJs in the world. A widespread interest in a style of up-tempo electronic music laden in synth melodies and pumping beats known as trance (or less frequently as progressive trance) propelled the British DJs to worldwide fame along with peers such as Paul Van Dyk and Paul Oakenfold. As trance began to hit its peak, both DJs began to diversify their track selection in an effort to avoid being pigeonholed as specifically trance DJs. Whereas their early mix CDs defined the sound of trance for the mid-'90s, they soon took the position as two of the genre's leaders, continually focusing on the latest records and evolving sounds of producers such as Breeder while staying true to their musical roots. In the late '90s, the two DJs began their invasion of the U.S. with a high-profile monthly residency at Twilo in New York City, along with more mix CDs as individuals. In addition to the residency, the duo sporadically toured the U.S. and found themselves the topic of many articles and cover stories in magazines such as Urb and Mixer. An extensive tour of the U.S. in 2000 to support Communicate only solidified their status as two of the most loved (and despised) DJs in the world.

As if their reputation as the world's most famous tag-teaming DJs wasn't enough, Sasha Digweed also produce their own music and are recognized as prized remixers. Sasha's Xpander EP showcased his knack for creating some of the best trance epics the genre has ever seen, while his remix of the Chemical Brothers' Out of Control re-established his role as a talented remixer. Similarly, Digweed occasionally produces music as Bedrock, scoring an enormous hit with his anthem Heaven Scent.

While the two DJs increasingly focused on production and retaining their status as superstars, they slowly began to drift apart, appearing less frequently as a duo. Sasha continued work on a long-awaited solo album, and Digweed focused on his Bedrock club night in the UK.

Become Ruby Skye's MySpace friend at myspace.com/nightclubrubyskye to receive special offers & deals.
                          John Digweed Info
                          Cover: $15 Limited Early-Bird / $20 General Admission
                          Advance tickets at: TicketWeb

Comment

• AntonyM
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Oct 2004

Got my tixs
                            Thx Sakio

Am I close here?

Comment

• sakio pod
                              SALAD TOSSER
                              • Jun 2004

see you there

Comment

Working...