• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryanw24
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

I need a little bit of help!!!

Ok guys here goes

I have to do a class on Friday about marketing. I work in the automotive industry, mostly upper end Cars. Our dealership has Maserati, Porsche, Land Rover, Hummer and BMW. I work in the parts and service area so I have to base my my class at that type of customer. The class only has to be 30 minutes long so its not too bad. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or comments about what I should use?
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: I need a little bit of help!!!

Originally posted by Bryanw24
    Ok guys here goes

I work in the parts and service area so I have to base my my class at that type of customer.
    Sorry, what type of customer? People buying parts for expensive cars? Or customers who happen to work in parts and service
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

^^^ He meant that the people attending his class are the people who work in that dept...

How about internal quality as a marketing tool? With this I mean that improving the quality of the services (speed, accuracy, low error margin, ...) provided by your departement leads to customer satisfaction.

You can find info on quality management here: http://praxiom.com/iso-9001.htm

Dunno if this is what you're looking for, but it's a start, right?

This might be interesting too: the Toyota production system (Just in time): http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/079803.html

Comment

• frisky
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

I can speak for the BMW customer (as Im one of them): Pasisonate. More likely racing fans (ie F1). LOVE the fact that BMW offers stick shifts, because we like to be in control. Dont worry too much about luxury. Performance is Number One factor in buying this car vs a Merc. for example. BMW has a rich winning racing history. Edgy designs. Like to be different from others - leaders, and trend setters rather than follow the norm...

Hope that helps..?
        f,
        frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
        Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• Bryanw24
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
          Sorry, what type of customer? People buying parts for expensive cars? Or customers who happen to work in parts and service
          People buying parts and service for expensive cars.

Originally posted by KinKyJ
          ^^^ He meant that the people attending his class are the people who work in that dept...

How about internal quality as a marketing tool? With this I mean that improving the quality of the services (speed, accuracy, low error margin, ...) provided by your departement leads to customer satisfaction.

You can find info on quality management here: http://praxiom.com/iso-9001.htm

Dunno if this is what you're looking for, but it's a start, right?

This might be interesting too: the Toyota production system (Just in time): http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/079803.html
          Thanks, Im checking out the site now.

Originally posted by frisky
          I can speak for the BMW customer (as Im one of them): Pasisonate. More likely racing fans (ie F1). LOVE the fact that BMW offers stick shifts, because we like to be in control. Dont worry too much about luxury. Performance is Number One factor in buying this car vs a Merc. for example. BMW has a rich winning racing history. Edgy designs. Like to be different from others - leaders, and trend setters rather than follow the norm...

Hope that helps..?
          f,
          Maserati customers are ten times worse. The type of car has plenty of luxury and just as much performance.

Thanks for the help. Im coming up with a power point slide show as we speak so anyone has anything else let me know so I can throw this together tonight so I can get wasted at the Lightning vs Flyers game on Friday then go start drinking Irish Wisky.

Comment

• geoffgulley
            Platinum Poster
            • Apr 2005

As an Audi owner I think the biggest thing for me is that the parts and service people be knowlegable and pleasant when I go in and ask for something. I guess a good example of that is when I bought my A6 a few months back I went to get some "monster mats" for the winter. Normally this is something the parts dept has on display but they happened to be sold out after I had called and they said they had them in stock. The parts manager apologized and had them overnighted to my house for no extra charge and gave me a discount on them. Do I need to be a pampered baby? No, but when you spend $40,000 or more on a car I think a certain level of service is expected and the people at my dealership have been great from sales to service to parts.

^^and make sure the whisky is Jameson... I don't want to here any crappy bushmills stories .
            "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• anonin
              Juvenile Delinquent
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by geoffgulley
              As an Audi owner.....
              lucky bastard!

Comment

• Bryanw24
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by geoffgulley
                ^^and make sure the whisky is Jameson... I don't want to here any crappy bushmills stories .

Is there any other kind? This Irish pub here in Tampa has a HUGE St Patrick's Day party and they get a big ice sculpture of a shamrock and they put shots of Jameson down the middle of it so its nice and chilled. Fucking love that stuff.

Comment

• thesightless
                  Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                  • Jun 2004

use this line :: ""now its on me...... so if you fuck up, i fuck up. the idea of me pointing fingers just knocked on the door, just warning you. i dont care what ya do but keep on ur work, cuz im not going down for your fuck ups""
                  your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                  download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by anonin
                    lucky bastard!
                    ^^ pics of the ride are posted here....somewhere. It's the shniz.....

Comment

• geoffgulley
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Bryanw24
                      Is there any other kind? This Irish pub here in Tampa has a HUGE St Patrick's Day party and they get a big ice sculpture of a shamrock and they put shots of Jameson down the middle of it so its nice and chilled. Fucking love that stuff.
                      drink responsibly.......

bwahahahahaahahhhahhahahahaa

Comment

• Bryanw24
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                        use this line :: ""now its on me...... so if you fuck up, i fuck up. the idea of me pointing fingers just knocked on the door, just warning you. i dont care what ya do but keep on ur work, cuz im not going down for your fuck ups""
                        I like that. Its short and to the point but I have to fill up 30 minutes. Good starting point though....

Comment

Working...