X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Do you think Digweed is bored?

I'll gladly trade jobs for a day ! For anyone that's creative and loves music you can never get bored - the things that suprises me is that the musical search would normally be for things with greater depth (e.g. film scoring, or expansive multi-tracked albums) ... I'm afraid that some of the current music JD plays simply won't have the longevity of a few years back. Maybe JD thinks he's hip and getting down with things by playing what he does presently - in my mind he seems to have changed and moved to the type of stuff Luke Fair and Desyn play (only Luke and Desyn do that type of thing far far better). Hopefully things will reach a resolution at some stage and he'll get back to the dark deep prog fused with more dynamic/eclectic music.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

he needs to start doing mad drugs again

Comment

• jarble187
        vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by simonr
        Maybe JD thinks he's hip and getting down with things by playing what he does presently - in my mind he seems to have changed and moved to the type of stuff Luke Fair and Desyn play (only Luke and Desyn do that type of thing far far better).
        Thats funny that you say that because Luke and Desyn are very much John's right hand men much like James Zabiela was to Sasha. I think John turned these two on to the sound that they are playing today, however, like you said, Luke and Desyn are way better at playing it. Interesting point!
        Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

I say it depends where and when hes playing
          from the sets that surface to the various places
          I' ve seen him, slapped together with his KISS/Transition sets
          His musical tastes are as varied as Danny Howells
          Big difference between a 3 hrs Digweed set
          and 7or 8 hrs set, that's why he gets ALL the best tracks
          from producers globally before anyone, people trust his
          instincts musically.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
            he needs to start doing mad drugs again
            because his happy drugs have him playing electro?

Comment

• Morgan
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Drugs are BAD ummkay?
              "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• Digger
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2004

well i saw sasha & digweed on march 16, and i have to admit that hes defently not bored......he played very freaking dark twisted shit as for sasha very melodic and they played freaking awesome to be honest i really enjoy that night, the best party i ever had to be honest.....i will put sme photos and videos later on.........but i think hes not bored.........i feel sorry for that guy who bought he plain ticket for other date....
                https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• elhadley
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2004

Seeing how hes in his mid 40s....he is probably a bit bored. Digweed is one professional djs and thats for sure, so he will never stop doing it. he has his fans to play and not to mention he made bedrock label which is fucking massive.
                  There is no funk without the bass.

Comment

• hansh20
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

i think youre gettin bored of him. not him of doing it.... IMO
                    " When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. "

Comment

• ATN
                      Addiction started
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                      He hosts an electro show now.

No more Electro music plzzz

Comment

Working...