• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qwerty2222
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Danny Howells digs deeper, for longer

taken from trustthedj.com
    Last year, Danny Howells was getting sick of DJing. More specifically, he was getting sick of playing two-hour guest DJ sets, which never allowed him to experiment with the huge music collection he’s built up over his years as a top-flight DJ. The days of Danny Howells being simply a ‘progressive house DJ’ were long gone, but he wanted a chance to show that to his fans – and thus, Dig Deeper was born.

Dig Deeper comprises eight hours of music from Danny Howells. The night returns to the site of its UK launch, The End, on Friday 31st March. Danny will be fresh from his commitments at the WMC, where his gig at downtown Miami’s Pawn Shop – and not his usual Miami haunt, Bed, Conference fans should note – will be another marathon, this time of ten hours. He’s wasn’t kidding when he said that he preferred to play all night, it seems.

Danny explained the thinking behind the Dig Deeper parties, ‘I got to the stage where the usual 2 hour sets were becoming a bit stale for me personally - I do them when I have to but I've always felt a lot stronger when I've been in control of the entire night. It's what I enjoy the most, and it can be the most rewarding experience as a DJ, which I why I'm looking forward to the next party so much!’

The End is already Laurent Garnier’s London home, so it’s no stranger to feats of astonishing DJ skill and endurance. And the club's also seen DJ Marky break down the barriers for drum and bass, with sets that make a mockery of the standard two-hour DJ slot. Now with Dig Deeper, it seems that The End is in for another worthwhile performance, from a big name on the international club scene.

Danny summed up the night, ‘Dig Deeper allows me to truly be myself. It's about me playing for the whole night without any musical boundaries - and having fun doing it at the same time.’

• hansh20
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

Re: Danny Howells digs deeper, for longer

wow, i wish every dj were like him

" When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. "

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

god i wish someone could get a could quality recording of this.

Comment

• trippyflippy
        Getting warmed up
        • Mar 2006

right, nothing's better than a 6+h recording of danny.

Comment

Working...