question for the [ms] IT industry crew...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

Re: question for the [ms] IT industry crew...

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
    If you go into Computer Science, specialize in something. I can recommend you start by getting your CCNA (entry level - Cisco Certified Network Associate) if your interested in the Networking side of computers. Or get your MCSE if your interested in the cliet or software side. Then work up through certifications.

The fact is that the IT industry sucks right now unless you have specialized certifications. Now granted, you will always be able to find a job - but most corporations are constantly hiring and firing IT People. So you will probably always have a job, you'll just be moving around a lot. With a specialized certification, you can get into the more secure side of the IT industry, and not the peon who fixes everyones computer. I can only comment on the communications corporations, but with a CCNA and later Cisco certifications - you can get virtually any engineering or networking position within a company. Thats after you gain experience too of course.
    thanks for the insight/advice

where did you go to get certified?

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Paul Louth
      I self-tought myself how to program from the age of 11 years old. Probably doesn't help you much though
      lmfao....Anonin is definitely too old to start at the age of 11...
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

I started programming pretty young too. earliest I remember doing it is about fourth grade

Comment

• Balanc3
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
          earliest I remember doing it is about fourth grade
          Was she hot?
          JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

teacher

Comment

• bi0drain
              Fresh Peossy
              • Feb 2005

I am a Crestron programmer, I am back to freelance IT tho, as I am having a tough time finding a dealer in (Naples), I am contemplating moving to find more Crestron and code related work)
              (Control automation systems primarily)

and it IT does suck right now due to a large (suspected terrorist, unintelligble nation.....INDIA)

Comment

• Balanc3
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bi0drain
                I am a Crestron programmer, I am back to freelance IT tho, as I am having a tough time finding a dealer in (Naples), I am contemplating moving to find more Crestron and code related work)
                (Control automation systems primarily)

and it IT does suck right now due to a large (suspected terrorist, unintelligble nation.....INDIA)
                Interesting, there was a large software company in Naples... I can't remember the name. They were located over by tin city but recently built new facilties. One of my instructors worked there.
                JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by anonin
                  thanks for the insight/advice

where did you go to get certified?
                  You can get on Cisco's website I'm sure to find where you can take the exams. Also for Microsoft certs, just try googling it. They offer the exams at a lot of University's or Community College's, so check with those in your area.

Unfortunetely I only have a link to the Colorado website where they show where the exams are held and so on. But I guess you might be able to find some information thats useful with the link, its called New Horizons so you can try to google that and see if they offer their services in other states.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                  "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• speciale
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Dec 2005

dont waste your money on classes

4,500+ exam braindumps for IT certifications: Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft, Red Hat, Citrix and more. Real exam questions, pass from the first try.

its not cheating unless you get caught
                    Originally posted by Miroslav
                    It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                    No Soup for You

Comment

• anonin
                      Juvenile Delinquent
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by speciale
                      dont waste your money on classes

4,500+ exam braindumps for IT certifications: Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft, Red Hat, Citrix and more. Real exam questions, pass from the first try.

its not cheating unless you get caught
                      hehe, nice one man

i think im gonna get ccna certified this summer, start building my resume

Comment

Working...