Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

New laws for british web radios?

or FAO brits...what is this shit that private web radios located in the UK need to cut their listeners from outside the country off from listening to their program from April on? As far as I understood it in the news I have read, they have to buy the right to stream their music to listeners outside the UK and if they don't they need to take care that noboy from outside the UK can login to their stream. How will this affect Dance radio stations from the UK? Can somebody from the UK please shed some light on this?
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: New laws for british web radios?

If that is true, the internet is being restricted. Can they just do that?
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• peloquin
      Till I Come!
      • Jun 2004

for shame! -> http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25115

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

That sucks. I really hope that is not. As long as I can still get my digweed mixes every week I really don't care what they do.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

For Christ's sake Tom, use the search function.

Found on http://www.kurthanson.com/archive/news/031706/index.asp "A clause in the PPL's new license for commercial UK broadcasters may result in the shutdown of those stations' Internet streams to listeners everywhere else in the world beginning April 1. The PPL (Phonographic Performance Limited) is the music industry
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

Working...