X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

american illegal immigration.......

listen i know the difference between right and wrong isnt always the legal - illegal comparison, but do all these ppl (beaners) realize that even when they argue against ANY change they use the words illegal imigrants.... and i havent been paying attention but isnt bush going for a better method than kicking them out and criminalizing them. isnt he backing a clemency program and sponsorship? i dont know and im not reading articles so some1 tell me. but when GW2 and teddy kennedy agree on something i instantly ask questions...

imo, this country does need tougher imigration policy, something more like france, germany, or italy, nederlands, etc. where you actually have to learn the history and laws and culture before you just open up an """afghan diner""" or landscaping business.

there has to be a happy medium in here, we cannot simply live with open borders and allow illegals to suck up resources they dont pay for. but we cant become a closed society like australia has within thier policies.

PS along the lines of recent threads. -- fuck em, we need em, just dont let em open a 5 family house on my block.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: american illegal immigration.......

We've needed to do a better job protecting our borders for years. We wouldn't be having this problem if the government had done its job years ago. The politicians have been too scared to touch this issue for fear of being labeled a racist who hates Hispanics.

And now the Congress is considering rewarding illegal aliens for living in this country. From what I read, there are 12 million illegal aliens currently living here. That's half the population of the state of Texas which is the 2nd most populous state. At this rate, Mexico will reclaim Texas and the entire Southwest states in a generation.

Sure, we need many of those illegal immigrants to work here, but there needs to be a tougher policy towards protecting America.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• thesightless
      • Jun 2004

they just had the governer of new mexico on Imus and he says that mexico estimates that 31% of its national income comes from money sent back from Illegal workers in the US ...... thats fucked up.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

I don't understand why people feel the need to coddle folks that have chosen to enter this country and work here illegally. If you are not a US citizen and want to live and/or work in this country, there is a process to do so -- use it and take advantage of all this country has to offer above board like the rest of us do. The way I look at it, if you're working here, paying your taxes here, pumping money into our economy here, then you're welcome to come here and stay. The American dream is alive and well for millions of people who have dotted their i's and crossed their t's and gone through the system the right way.

I am puzzled at the illegal immigrants who purport to claim some sort of entitlement to the right to work here illegally and the benefits of US citizenship. If you are working here under the table, not paying taxes, and driving down the wages of people legitimately working in this country, you lose the right to complain that the country ought to be doing more for you.

I am even more puzzled that the president of Mexico believes he ought to have some say in US Immigration policy. I just don't understand that at all.

Amnesty is a terrible idea. That send the message that if you come to work here illegally and hang around long enough, eventually we'll give you a pass. The amnesty program back in the 80's worked wonders -- 3 million illegal workers were given amnesty, and now we have 12 million people working illegally in the country.

I don't have the answer, but I think it starts with cracking down on businesses that employ illegal immigrant labor. Cut off the opportunity to work here illegally, and people wanting to work here will have to go through the proper channels.

My $.02.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

one simple idea

bigger voter base once the illegals have kids here. one kid lets you begin voting, eating up welfare, and more becuase the kid gets a US social security number. many tales of workers bringing their wives here just to birth children, get the social security number and then they send them back to mexico while using all the US based social services.

Comment

• Balanc3
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
            We've needed to do a better job protecting our borders for years. We wouldn't be having this problem if the government had done its job years ago. The politicians have been too scared to touch this issue for fear of being labeled a racist who hates Hispanics.

And now the Congress is considering rewarding illegal aliens for living in this country. From what I read, there are 12 million illegal aliens currently living here. That's half the population of the state of Texas which is the 2nd most populous state. At this rate, Mexico will reclaim Texas and the entire Southwest states in a generation.

Sure, we need many of those illegal immigrants to work here, but there needs to be a tougher policy towards protecting America.
            Correction... Texas is not the second most populous state in the U.S.

1. California
            2. New York
            3. Florida

and soon, Florida will be passing New York for the #2 spot. Amazing growth we having been seeing in this state as birds continue to migrate south.
            JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• sotek
              Getting Somewhere
              • Feb 2006

you know to be honest: i'm from europe and to tell you the truth - not that many people wanna come here anymore. europe is getting better - more job opportunities etc. i've been living in the us for over four years now and i really don't understand why us immigration policies are so strict - everyone has the right for a better life.
              "I think social skills are probably the most important part of getting on in the industry these days. If you develop relationships well, you?re much more likely to progress further even with limited talent. Sad but true" - Dave Seaman

www.filter27.com | I'm on teh internetwebs.

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sotek
                i really don't understand why us immigration policies are so strict - everyone has the right for a better life.
                ultimately, it comes down to cash, I think. Illegal immigrants who work don't pay taxes, and their employers don't pay taxes on them, either. Also, when illegal immigrants are willing to work for less than the minimum wage, it reduces the incentive for businesses to use legitimate labor and drives down the wages for all laborers.

Also, 9/11 didn't make people any more eager to open up the borders, I think. Granted, the 9/11 hijackers were in the country legally as far as I'm aware, but it is just a perception thing, I guess...

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Its the soon to be biggest minority voting block in the country
                  flexing its muscle better start learning some Spanish.
                  There has been what could be loosely deemed student protests
                  around Vegas in regards to this issue, it be would interesting to see
                  how eager these students who are non citizens would be to earn their citizenship by
                  pulling a stint in Iraq.

Today's pig is tommorrow's bacon
                  -- Hunter S. Thompson
                  Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• GregWhelan
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

It's certainly a very touchy subject IMO.

I agree on the point that you should enter the US the legal way, and pay your way etc. If you can't do that then tough, life's a bitch sometimes.

I think the UK will have a huge problem soon with the amount of immigrants we are letting in. My hometown has been taken over by Albanians, Polish and Kosovans. Sure, they do the menial tasks that UK citizens don't want to do, but since they have been here crime has shot up (and I mean murder not just minor crimes)and so has unemployment

Comment

• Morgan
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Uncontrolled immgration is asking for trouble.

The UK is in seroius trouble not only from Ileagals but also from former USSR states that have joined the EU, they are leagal immigrants who can work and live in the UK as they have an EU passport.

I have seen the same as Greg, even in small market towns there are sizable populations of Poles, Latvians etc.

Fair enough some do work but most just expolit the loopholes in our benfit system, they get paid more in handouts than i earn, and i earn more than the national average wage.

I've paid tax all my working life and never claimed a penny, yet ppl who have never paid a penny in tax arrive off the boat and 10min later they are loaded with a nice flat and benfits.
                      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• MJDub
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

This whole "entitlement" thing that all the illegals keep touting disgusts me. Also, these putzes walking out of schools around here to protest and holding up Mexican flags gets just a little under my skin. You're not in Mexico. Stop thinking that you are.

The Great American Past Time is whining, and they've certainly assimilated enough to perfect that.
                        http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• srbbnd
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2005

We're all immigrants. Cheaper wages for immigrants means cheaper prices to purchase shit. People need reasons why our country is going to shit and they pick immigration or "illegal aliens" instead of blaming who is really to blame. Our government, cough "Bush and Cheney" wasting money on things we don't need like war instead of a more stable nation and better technology.
                          www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• sotek
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by srbbnd
                            We're all immigrants. Cheaper wages for immigrants means cheaper prices to purchase shit. People need reasons why our country is going to shit and they pick immigration or "illegal aliens" instead of blaming who is really to blame. Our government, cough "Bush and Cheney" wasting money on things we don't need like war instead of a more stable nation and better technology.
                            you said it all.
                            "I think social skills are probably the most important part of getting on in the industry these days. If you develop relationships well, you?re much more likely to progress further even with limited talent. Sad but true" - Dave Seaman

www.filter27.com | I'm on teh internetwebs.

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by srbbnd
                              Cheaper wages for immigrants means cheaper prices to purchase shit.
                              Does it? How do you know the savings in wages are passed on to consumers? Those savings could just as easily be passed directly into the pocket of the employer.

Cheaper prices are great, I love them. The problem with what you're suggesting, however, is that the cheaper prices, if they exist at all, come at the expense of decreasing wages and increased unemployment or underemployment. Decreasing prices + decreasing wages + increased unemployment = not a very rosy economic picture, imo.

Comment

Working...