X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srbbnd
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2005

Re: american illegal immigration.......

Alright I have no actual evidence and I'm just spouting shit out, however, immigration has been going on for many centuries and has made America the super power it is.
    www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

One interesting point I've heard is that Mexico certainly isn't stopping its people from coming to America. It makes me think that the Mexican government encourages the less skilled out of their country. Then when the illegals are in America, they'll send that money back to Mexico where their families live. Which is great for Mexico.

The business owners that hire the illegals are also doing well because they'd rather hire illegals for less wages and no benefits then hire an American. In this situation, Americans can't compete for those jobs that supposedly only illegals do.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Balanc3
        Correction... Texas is not the second most populous state in the U.S.

1. California
        2. New York
        3. Florida

and soon, Florida will be passing New York for the #2 spot. Amazing growth we having been seeing in this state as birds continue to migrate south.
        Show me a link or source where you see Texas isn't the 2nd most populated state? I Googled this and each place I went to had TX 2nd, NY 3rd, and FL 4th.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• elhadley
          Addiction started
          • Nov 2004

Our nation shelters the lives of over 12 million illegal immigrants who found a way to smuggle themselves into our country.[i] Either by themselves, or with the help of ?people smugglers,? 12 million illegal immigrants discovered an easy way around the system of Visas and legal immigration. Those who apply for legal visas are forced to wait while half a million illegal immigrants continue to cross into American soil each year. Illegal Immigration is unfair, unlawful, and undervalues the principles and ideals of American citizenship. The US government needs to take harsher action against Illegal Immigration because it ridicules legal immigrants, contributes to serious crimes, and costs taxpayers money by allowing them to stay.
          Many legal immigrants and illegal immigrants share similar backgrounds regarding poor families and oppressed governments. There are millions of legal immigrant families from countries such as China, who hail from a communist controlled government and a poor family. Those who are granted visas come to this country and usually work for a decent education. Over years of hard work and education, one finds a decent-paying salary, the capacity to support the rest of the family, and a decent community to live in. They pay income, mortgage, social security, Federal, State and other taxes like any legal American should. With the mass influx of foreign immigration and immigration quotas in place, obtaining a Visa is one of the hardest tasks to come by. Yet, numerous illegal citizens are paid in cash, and therefore never pay taxes of any sort. Those who obtain a fake Social Security card can pay taxes but receive a much larger tax refund due to their numerous dependants and income tax credits. American businesses hire millions of illegal immigrants at wages below the legal amount. [ii]
          Currently, United States Legislation forbids any form of illegal immigration but has very loose control over it. President George W. Bush proposes a large push for tighter border security, which is foolish, because it can never fully prevent illegal immigration. [iii]Heavily relying on border security is unintelligent due to the extensive size of our borders and the inability to station enough trained personnel on guard. Whether by sea, land, or air, illegal immigrants can always find to smuggle their way onto our soil. Senators McCain and Kennedy are calling for 400,000 work visas that will last for three years. Illegal immigrants will have the opportunity to apply for citizenship, pay a two thousand dollar fine, pay back taxes, and undergo background checks. This method is also very shaky because only four hundred thousand out of twelve million immigrants can receive a visa. There is still an enormous amount of immigrants left undocumented, who prefer staying illegal and not paying taxes.
          An area left ignored is the fact that business owners and farmers hire these immigrants but never report it to the government. Instead of heavily focusing on prevention, the government needs to hire inspectors to investigate the private businesses and individuals who are hiring illegal immigrants. Local police should also designate a squad or police force specially designed to fight illegal immigration. If any immigrant is found with an illicit ID or a lack of ID papers, the first move should be deportation. The government should not allow any illegal alien the rights of the justice system, should they be undocumented. Perhaps focusing on the root and heart of the problem will prove more effective than border control. The option of amnesty sends the wrong kind of image to immigrants that have worked hard to get here legally. It also presents a government that has loose control over its own policies and will encourage even more illegal immigration.
          Illegal immigration causes another detriment to our society: crime. A high percentage of large gangs in the United States consist of many illegal immigrants. Poor, impoverished, and undereducated children take comfort in joining a gang and committing crimes such as drug trafficking, drive-by assassinations, extortion, and robbery.[iv] In 2002, sixty percent of the twenty thousand members in the 18th Street Gang in Los Angeles were illegal immigrants. Communities that harbor and help illegal immigrants are havens for gang recruitment and crime. These areas are usually poor and have very high poverty rates. These kids do not receive a good education or do not take their studies very seriously. A high percentage of illegal immigrants live off welfare, or are serving time in the county jails. [v] The government and the American taxpayers end up paying the prisoners to stay in jails.
          In addition to the 18th street gang and many other crime gangs, the notorious MS-13 herds thousands of members into the United States each year. Many illegal immigrants do not come here with a primary intention of working. In the United States alone, it is estimated that there are currently around ten thousand members of MS-13. In Central America, where the gang is most heavily populated, there are an estimated fifty thousand members. Due to recent attention towards homeland security and the threat of terrorists, the MS-13 have proliferated and new immigrants are constantly joining the gang for security. To many immigrants, the gang provides shelter, aid, and protection.
          Another major problem for the fight against illegal immigration is the weakness of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE). Currently, the ICE lacks the work force, the resources, and the detention centers to house the millions of illegal immigrants. In theory, the ICE should deport each illegal immigrant in the United States. However, the process is long and tedious. The ICE will probably never have enough personnel to manage all the hearings and never enough space to detain immigrants awaiting their detention hearing. Only illegal immigrants who have committed a serious felony are first on the list. Normal laboring illegal immigrants are never considered for detention due to lack of ?importance.? [vi] This US agency is in dire need of funding and resources. Funding the ICE would be a logical step towards the fight against illegal immigrants.
          Our country needs to respond towards the problem of illegal immigration and use effective methods to combat it. Illegal immigration is directly related to poverty, crime, and additional costs to the US government. Allowing amnesties and loosening our immigration laws will simply convey the wrong message and encourage further illegal immigration. The government needs to target employers and fund the ICE to fight against this growing problem.

[i] www.washingtonpost.com

[ii] http://www.theamericanresistance.com...2004jan04.html

[iii] www.c-span.org

[iv] www.wikipedia.org

[v] http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/back704.html

[vi] http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/back704.html

yea thats what i have to say
          There is no funk without the bass.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

^^elhadley, carriage return. carriage return, elhadley. Talk amongst yourselves...

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

take em out in the streets and put a bullet in thier heads IMO. just shoot em. and yell around ""time to pay the man bitches"" he gonna get you down!! """
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...