• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Why is the obsession with Rims?

Originally posted by FM
    you spin me right round, baby right round...
    ....like a record baby right round

sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Lrn
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jan 2005

"white people turn up the treble black people turn up the bass"

Comment

• Kinetic
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

To me anyone that gives as much as a shit about rims is a hick.

Sorry, but do you know how to DRIVE? And I mean DRIVE, because even my grandma can go fast in a straight line.

If I had the money to buy a really shit hot car, Id actually try to make it look as low key as possible.

People who need to show how badass they are through this type of shit must have a real problem with self-respect and affirmation.
        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Lrn
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jan 2005

^^^^^

Comment

• fumanchu182
            Angantyr The Ruthless
            • Jun 2004

Fuck the rims, what's under the hood is my opinion.

Put your money where your mouth is, bet your rims in a race, guaranteed I will be leaving your car on cinderblocks before it is all said and done.

The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• anonin
              Juvenile Delinquent
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kinetic
              To me anyone that gives as much as a shit about rims is a hick.

Sorry, but do you know how to DRIVE? And I mean DRIVE, because even my grandma can go fast in a straight line.

If I had the money to buy a really shit hot car, Id actually try to make it look as low key as possible.

People who need to show how badass they are through this type of shit must have a real problem with self-respect and affirmation.

Comment

• chato
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

hmmm i like to have nice rims on my car... but thats def. not my priority.. as fumanchu said id rather put it under the hood.
                ...enjoy every single second

Comment

• anonin
                  Juvenile Delinquent
                  • Oct 2005

to be honest, i really dont care about rims, i dont even care about souping up my car or getting it to go fast, i just want a nice car with some decent rims nothing crazy flashy or anything. I'd be perfectly content with a black bmw m5 with some nice black rims, but if your a baller (shaq, kobe, etc.) and your rollin in a escalade, theres nothing wrong with having some 24" shinyass spinning fuckoff rims, it comes with the territory.

Comment

• jay813
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by speciale
                    ^^^ Tampa has gone down the shitter a bit from what I hear. is this true?
                    i guess its who you are talking to, to be honest i never really thought tampa was much to begin with, although it had a huge breakbeat/(lots of ecstacy) scene that has since pretty much dwindled down and been replaced by this huge "dirty south" hip hop shit. times change, sometimes its good sometimes its not. one day dirty south music will go out of stlye and well see what happens next, im hoping for a breaks revival

Comment

• Kinetic
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by anonin
                      Hmmm...do you know the country well? Because if you don?t, you hit the nail surprisingly on it?s head!

In Europe, portuguese are known as reckless drivers and showoffs, most of the time without any reason to showoff, that?s why I feel so qualified to comment. And yeah, we?re mostly hicks.

We also have the highest traffic accident rate in Eur ope
                      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• speciale
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jay813
                        i guess its who you are talking to, to be honest i never really thought tampa was much to begin with, although it had a huge breakbeat/(lots of ecstacy) scene that has since pretty much dwindled down and been replaced by this huge "dirty south" hip hop shit. times change, sometimes its good sometimes its not. one day dirty south music will go out of stlye and well see what happens next, im hoping for a breaks revival
                        I remember back in the 80s and 90s where at Spring Break, you heard rock. I went through Daytona last weekend during their Spring Break and it was full of punks and all hip-hop. What happened?

Also, someone mentioned about Shaq and Kobe and their rims, well about a couple weeks ago, Dwane Wade had his rims stolen which were valued at about 20Gs. I guess that was for 4 of them, but now a days, I wouldn't be surprised if that was 20 a piece.
                        Originally posted by Miroslav
                        It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                        No Soup for You

Comment

Working...