X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Death of a Dog...

Sorry for your loss Duff! I put my cat down last august due to kidney failure...she was fifteen and her name was Fritzer.. My vet was kind enough to come to my home to do it. I still miss her dearly! I always remind myself how lucky I was to spend 15 amazing years with a creature who was with me through many moves, boyfriends and good and bad times! Cheers to pets!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Sorry for your loss, I know how it feels.

When I was 13 we had to put down our Dalmation, Whiskey. My parents bought him the yr before I was born, so we literally grew up together. He was always my companion, my protector, and my best bud.

Near the end he had a heart condition that got the better of him. My dad took him while we were at school to have him put down, thinking it would be easier. He came home and I saw my dad crying for the first time I could remember. It took me a long time to get over never being able to say a proper good bye....I still think about him now 10 yrs later.

We got a new dog when I hit grade 10....Buster He is a Terrier/Setter/Retriever (strange I know, but beyond cute). He is about 11 now so it is getting close to that time and even though I haven't lived at home in 8yrs, it will still be a very sad time.....
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• geoffgulley
        Platinum Poster
        • Apr 2005

Sorry for the news.... It's never easy losing a pet because in actuality they're not a "pet" they're really a family member. 16 years is a good life though and the sadness you feel now will soon be replaced by the fond memories and hopefully the affection of a new pup...
        "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

Working...