X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Steve Porter

Hey all just wanted to know everyones opinon on this guy. Heard a couple of his mixes and they were prett shit imho. Very cheesy i thought. But that could only be the mixes i downloaded. What sorta stuff does he noermally play and is it any good. The reason i ask is cause he is doing the guest mix this week on digweed show, and was just wondering if i should be looking forward to it or not

• runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Steve Porter

very high energy and very fun.. he was in windsor a month ago and he tore the place open.. look forward to it because its gonna be a good one.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by runningman
      very high energy and very fun.. he was in windsor a month ago and he tore the place open.. look forward to it because its gonna be a good one.
      High energy and fun?? I smell cheese

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

well don't.. he is the least cheezey dj out there.. by high energy i don't mean trance either.. usually only has a track on for 2-21/2 mins..

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

I just kidding around brother. I will give it a listen. I was just going by the last 2 downloads i got of his sets. Have u got the cd porterhouse??

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

in miami i saw him twice.. 1st time he was dropping bombs.. bassline after bassline, and yes his tracks rarely go for more than 3 or 4 minutes.. he edits most of what he plays to take out the breakdowns.. the second time was on the terrace at space, and it was a bit more of a "party" like set with a couple of 80's remixes.. another one bites the dust and funky town.. but the vibe was amazing!
            he always brings it.. and his mixing is always top notch.. i would assume on his kiss mix it will be more of the 1st set i mentioned.. IMO steve never disappoints

Comment

• In-SighT
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
              in miami i saw him twice.. 1st time he was dropping bombs.. bassline after bassline, and yes his tracks rarely go for more than 3 or 4 minutes.. he edits most of what he plays to take out the breakdowns.. the second time was on the terrace at space, and it was a bit more of a "party" like set with a couple of 80's remixes.. another one bites the dust and funky town.. but the vibe was amazing!
              he always brings it.. and his mixing is always top notch.. i would assume on his kiss mix it will be more of the 1st set i mentioned.. IMO steve never disappoints

Agree completely!

Porter is amazing live, saw him at porterhouse in Miami and he really got the place going.
              I havent heard too much cheese from the guy, but I mainly listen to his artist albums.
              Homegrown is still my fav.

Im definitly looking forward to his kiss set
              "A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."

Want Spoon'n music?
              Check out my downtempo mixes
              http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

which sets did you get...and this'll now be his what, 3rd time on KISS?
                FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• ShawnD64
                  Quickshot the Minute Man
                  • Jan 2005

i am very so so about steve porter. i mean the guy is an amazing producer and DJ, but the direction he has taken, i am not all that fond of. i have been listening to him for years, since i grew up in mass/rhody and would always see him play but lately i dont dig. last time i saw him i left early, which i never do. it was too fast and i am not a fan of the 80's remixes ( i feel like those are only needed if the crowd doesnt know house music)

so i really appreciate the talent and humbleness of the guy, but not really diggin the tunes lately
                  http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                  http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                  http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• PASD
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

i have seen him 3 times, and had the luck to play with him 5 months ago .... hes a greeeaat dj and had a great taste of music in his field hes the best, awesome technique!! always going upfront.

Comment

• miketpoto
                      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                      • Jan 2005

Porter is top-notch, a great guy I've found from the limited conversation I have actually had with him myself....

The last time I heard him in January I believe, he was way to Disco-on-steriods/acid and a touch too formulaic so it became a little too predictable and I ended up leaving rather early, it just wasnt my thing BUT HE WAS banging the shit out of the place... hope to hear him soon (but housey again would be good I think)

Comment

• GregWhelan
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Agree with what everyone else has said. He is really talented on the decks, like people mentioned tracks are only playing for about 3 minutes then he mixes another track in.

3 years ago his sets were right up my alley, absolute quality, really bouncy and jumpin. His remixes back then were special too (Amber-Anyway what a tune)

I havent heard a set of his in ages to be honest but I keep hearing he has gone the disco route

Comment

• sakio pod
                          SALAD TOSSER
                          • Jun 2004

you said it^^^

very sad indeed

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Excellent producer - he's one of those people that's constantly evolving and always re-thinking his approach to EDM.
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Yao
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Porter = Da Man.
                              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...