• Show
Clear All
  • vapidspace
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2006

revolution - evolution

as the record spins
    deeper am i immersed into its state of trance

the same thing is evolving through a state of change, while elementally remaining itself

or antoher way of evolving while remaining seemingly the same,
    yet in fact changing with dynamic force through revolution/repetition:

chinese clulture for thousands of years, secluded in the mountains-
    a fisherman uses birds (something like pellicans)

he lines them up on his raft , 3 or 4 to his right and likewise to the left. then he beats a long stick on the raft and sings out something i cant understand (in chinese)
    he sings this to the pelicans and off they go- diving into the water and bringing up whole, live fish which they place in his basket

he brings them up from birth- and before that- he sits with their eggs
    ( i saw a film of this at the Banff film festival)

but i suspect that although this culture has seemed to stay the same for all these years and generations, along the way these practices have been revised through science - in one generation an insight comes along as how to better rear the chicks, or whatnot- so i think technically this culture could still be termed dynamic, right?

or, the QUANTITY of something can change its Quality- say for example, a dancer with the repetition of his same moves- evolves into a whole new quality- which is actually a different thing! even though the moves are elemenally the same

i had a T-shirt for many years with a picture of two turntables on it and underneath it ssaid, "revolution evolution."

so now i'm finally understanding what that means

(the whole time i had the t-shirt, i had no idea)

does this have any more applications or meanings that anyone knows of? (like, what was in the mind of the guy who made that t-shirt...)
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: revolution - evolution

I have a T-shrit that says "Bikini Patrol" but I have no idea what it means.
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

Working...