X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

applied to america....

applied to american politics, this article completely summizes my political views.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

it all sucks, there has to be a third or fourth option, it is up to us to find it. i could, and im sure i will go on at one point, but maybe it isnt bush or kerry, maybe WE fucked up by not finding the right one because john kerry still cant make up his mind or pull it out of his ass, and well GW, walked into a great situation, had a decent idea, and basically fucked up everything trying to do it, outside of the economy of course, because frankly, its doing pretty damn good and its so much more concrete and proven now.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: applied to america....

We certainly need more than two parties to choose from on election day. Do you think a party such as the Green party ever has a chance of coming into power?
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• tsesan
      Getting Somewhere
      • Mar 2006

I think Libertarian has a better chance than Green. But either way, the chances are slim. Likeit or not, these other parties do not have the $$$ to campaign like the big boys.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
        Do you think a party such as the Green party ever has a chance of coming into power?
        Not the Green Party, no. They've got some ideas about the environment, but ask most Green Party politicians about some of the other issues that are of concern to people, and you'll often just get blank stares. Too one dimensional, IMO. Regardless of what John Denver might have had you believe, not every problem can be solved by planting a tree.

History tells us that it is certainly possible, under the right circumstances, for a third party to emerge and gain prominence. History also tells us, however, that a third party that gains a foothold will eventually supplant one of the existing parties, or fade away. Although it wasn't set up specifically for two parties, our system seems to work the easiest and be the most predictable when there are only two parties -- hence, things are inevitably puched that direction, imo.

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

green party will never gain power as long as they whine and make the democrats look like the republicans.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

I would say Liberatarian is the way to go.
            It seems both parties are so transparent
            Unfortunately there may end up being a more centrist party instead
            that contains the compromising aspects of both parties.
            It still North vs South almost 150 years later
            while we are taxed to death in the process.
            In relationship to the article
            Do the younger genertations really give a shit about politics anymore
            or is it easier to gorge on consumer and let things fall as they may?
            I feel the latter is gonna fuck us all eventually.
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...