X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sakio pod
    SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

what did you do before internet, SLSK...etc DOWNLOADS

i remember buy cd's and listening to them over and over again waiting a new cd to come out in the stores. i think i even bought a pack of the old kiss show's and live sets on ebay, back in 2001. you know the people who burn cds and sell them online. pretty lame but that was my only acess to new choons untill i got a computer in late 02.

how did you guys get ahold of your music
  • nicomax
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: what did you do before internet, SLSK...etc DOWNLOADS

Buying CD whenever available...
    Nicomax

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

i bought all GU discs. and anything else that looked appealing. but i remember my rent only being like $200 back in those days too. back when i had 2 or 3 roomates. now i have no roomates (gf not included) and cant afford a fucking thing.

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

^^^good thing we don't have to spend $$$$ on cd's now

Comment

• Wanni
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

I listened to GU002 over and over again.
          NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

spent every Tuesday at the CD store -- and virtually every spare dime on music...

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

i probably got into EDM because of online downloads. (thank you napster)

everything before, i bought on cd. i had like 500 cds before they were stolen.
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• BureOne
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

before soulseek and Napster I used a great great website called AudioGalaxy. That shit was awsome! Neat blue site with white and yellow lettering. I remember those days. It was around '98-'99.
                I hooked up my entire office / company with the "satellites" you would need to download from various ftp's and stufff. Thats when I started collecting most of my 80's tracks and found great sets from Digweed / Sasha.

Good times.

Comment

• fumanchu182
                  Angantyr The Ruthless
                  • Jun 2004

Audio Cassette...

Used to record my favorite tunes off the radio and make my own mix tapes. I think I got my frist kiss 100 set from here. What a night that was.
                  The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Nov 2005

Cassette Tapes... I use to tape old school mixes off the radio here in Indy.

Back in the day when Flavor Flav was kind of a hard ass and not a T.V. celeb.

I can still remember the 1st time I saw a dual deck tape player and that was the shit!

Thanks, that was fun remembering that time!
                    http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• sakio pod
                      SALAD TOSSER
                      • Jun 2004

i used to get so mad wanting to get a hold of new music

now there is too much can't keep up

Comment

• megan love
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by toasty
                        spent virtually every spare dime on music...
                        me too.

well, i still do actually ... it's just that i buy records instead of cd's now.

Originally posted by BureOne
                        before soulseek and Napster I used a great great website called AudioGalaxy. That shit was awsome! Neat blue site with white and yellow lettering. I remember those days. It was around '98-'99.
                        I hooked up my entire office / company with the "satellites" you would need to download from various ftp's and stufff. Thats when I started collecting most of my 80's tracks and found great sets from Digweed / Sasha.

Good times.
                        i used audio galaxy also. man, i remember getting some of my first derrick carter sets off there. there was one satellite that i was always on ... i think it was "houseyourbody". ahh ... memories.

Comment

• hansh20
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jul 2004

so... in a few words, everyone of you are soulseekers now or what?? what about dont let the vinyl die and stuff like that?. Its not like i dont download from slsk, in fact most of my tracks are from there, but a few weeks ago i was mullered by some of you because i do that.

ps:before the internet i wasnt really into the music, so i used to buy pop/rock/rap/hiphop/dance/etc music, everything that were available in stores.
                          " When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. "

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sakio pod
                            i used to get so mad wanting to get a hold of new music

now there is too much can't keep up

Same here hard to keep up...alot of lower qualtiy tracks to clean out as well...

I used to actually pay for my music as well...i found this guy on ebay from turkey that had tons and tons of live stuff....so i would pay him like 2 or 3 bux for a cd....thats how i got all my stuff till i foound about audiogalaxy in 2001

Comment

• megan love
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hansh20
                              so... in a few words, everyone of you are soulseekers now or what?? what about dont let the vinyl die and stuff like that?.
                              no, not everyone.

i feel very strongly about not downloading edm releases to play out. the only things that i download (mostly from slsk) are live sets, rare/out of print stuff for my own personal listening (not playing publicly), and tracks that i have recently purchased on vinyl that i'm waiting to be delivered.

i don't agree with downloading tracks for free to play out in public. there are plenty of pay sites for that.

Comment

Working...