X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luck211
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Firefox over IE [56K users]

The only web browser I've used to date has been Internet Explorer, until last night when I installed Mozilla Firefox. I highly recommend it to anyone who has 56k and browses the [MS] forums. I have noticed an extremely quicker response in the amount of time web pages and posts tend to load. Get ride of IE and download this... From my experience, it works much better
    <DiSCO SHiT>
  • DJZeke
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re:: Firefox over IE [56K users]

i have been using it for a while, and don't forget about the plugins
    DJZeke @ SoulSeek

Comment

• luck211
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DJZeke
      i have been using it for a while, and don't forget about the plugins
      which ones were those?
      <DiSCO SHiT>

Comment

• superEGO72
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

you can get all sorts of plugins for mozilla products.. just his up the website and see.

i love thunderbird for email.. i can proudly say that ive never used outlook an any way shape or form

now as for ie on the other hand -- well, netscape was sucking.. and mozilla wasnt up to snuff yet... so i got sucked in by satan...rather.. ie.

Comment

• ian
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

My two favourite plugins are the RSS reader, and the Web Developers one.

The RSS reader means you can have any RSS news feed in your side bar, for example, I have the BBC UK news feed, so I can instantly get all the news headlines up in my sidebar, and click on them to read them properly.

The web developer one is an additional toolbar that has some fantastic tools for web developers.

I use thunderbird for email at home, much prefer is to Outlook Express, but it's no match for Outlook if you use outlook to its limits. I use Outlook at work and its the hub of my life! All my contacts, messages, appointments, Tasks, notes etc in one program - I would love to switch to a non MS product for this, but to my knowledge nothing matches it yet.
          Signature for Rent - ?1/character

Comment

• DJB
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Yes, the IT guy here at work also highly recommended using FireFox over IE as well. He told me you never get any spy ware when using Firefox and 99% of the websites have no problem opening up. I am going to have to make the switch. Sounds great.
            DJB

Comment

• Civic_Zen
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Mozilla has always been inherently slower then IE, actually. Especially when loading massive pages, like say a page @ the cookie jar (leghumper.com) where there are 30-40 HIGH RES pics in one thread, I notice a greater latency and overall instability in Firefox. But speed isn't the reason why you would want to use FireFox in the first place, its because of the superior security and protection it offers. IE has more holes then swiss cheese, and especially lately, would be the equivilent of intentionally putting spyware on your own machine.

I suppose with dial-up, it could have quicker response, but I haven't used dial-up in like 4 years, so I would really know. I feel bad for you dial-up'ers.
              "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
              "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Pataky P
                asdf_imo
                • Jun 2004

Mozilla Is shit!!!I think!Intrenet Explorer the king!!

Comment

• peloquin
                  Till I Come!
                  • Jun 2004

i recommend it too, with the download statusbar, and googlebar plugins

Comment

• asdf_admin
                    i use to be important
                    • Jun 2004

it's nice because on IE you have to wait for the whole fucking thing to load. while firefox shows you as you go. and you can always stop the progress once you get what you need.

ding ding. we have a winner.
                    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• dinoadventures
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Aug 2004

i have been using firefox since it came out, and before that firebird, blackdiamond, and mozilla for years now. i use thunderbird for email, also.

i dont even make eye contact with IE and Outlook.

Comment

• demonAfro
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

I have firefox on my geek box and opera on my desktop, and opera beats the pants off firefox. IMO anyway

Comment

• the sun the sea
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

firefox/mozilla is incredible. down with explorer!

download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• beto
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

I've tried Firefox a couple of times and have always returned to Opera, when there's a nice stable 1.something (no, it wasn't too stable on my pc) version I'll try it again... until then... Opera is my favourite browser flavour.

Comment

• palmer
                              Retired or Simply Important
                              • Jun 2004

I use both firefox and thunderbird love them both. outlook is a pile of shit and we might as well leave IE out of this. do yourself a favor and switch.
                              todayistomorrow
                              art direction | design | animation

Comment

Working...