X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Bush Fingered in Leak Probe

As you're probably aware by now, Bush has been identified by Scooter Libby as the person authorizing the leaking of previously classified intelligence to discredit Joe Willson's claims. While there's no indication that Bush asked that he disclose the name of Valerie Plame or that he did anything actually illegal, it is apparent that Bush declassified and released intelligence purely for political purposes. For a guy that holds himself out as being wholly concerned with the nation's security and unconcerned with political wrangling, he sure seems to be mucking it up with the best of them.

This intelligence was classified at the time. In declassifying it, Bush must have made the determination that keeping this previously secret information secret was less important than attacking Joe Wilson. Who has our country's best interests at heart again?

Also, consider the following statements made by or on behalf of the President:

President Bush, 9/30/03:

"I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action."

President Bush, 9/30/03:

"If there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of. . . . I have told our administration, people in my administration to be fully cooperative. I want to know the truth. If anybody has got any information inside our administration or outside our administration, it would be helpful if they came forward with the information so we can find out whether or not these allegations are true and get on about the business."

President Bush, 10/28/03:

"I'd like to know if somebody in my White House did leak sensitive information."

President Bush, 10/28/03:

"I want to know the truth. ... I have no idea whether we'll find out who the leaker is, partially because, in all due respect to your profession, you do a very good job of protecting the leakers."

White House Press Secretary, 9/29/03:

"The President has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it, they would no longer be in this administration."

White House Press Secretary, 10/7/03
    :

"Let me answer what the President has said. I speak for the President and I'll talk to you about what he wants . . .If someone leaked classified information, the President wants to know. If someone in this administration leaked classified information, they will no longer be a part of this administration, because that's not the way this White House operates, that's not the way this President expects people in his administration to conduct their business."
    I always thought these claims were pretty thin, but when you consider that Bush was actually involved in the leaking process, I have a hard time viewing them as anything other than bald-faced lies. Of course, my displeasure with Bush is well-documented on this forum, so take it for what you will.

The daily White House Press Briefing should be fun today, though. McClellan's gotta be shitting himself prepping for the peppering he's about to endure.

Thoughts?
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Bush Fingered in Leak Probe

2 more years..... 2 more years.....

then maybe mccain or guiliani. just not hillary. the cunt. or that moron john kerry. douchebag
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
      just not hillary. the cunt. or that moron john kerry. douchebag
      No way is Kerry getting the nod again. That dude couldn't knock out a president who was on the ropes and unprotected. I've already wasted too much time of my free time, literally walking door to door, on that douchebag. If Kerry runs again, I will actively campaign against him.

I doubt Hillary will get it, either. Too many democrats hate her guts, she's ultimately unelectable. She's got a massive war chest already, though -- hopefully cooler heads will prevail...

Comment

• Balanc3
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

He pocketed a ton of campaign contributions for his next run... douche.
        JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

In the title of this thread...

Bush
          Probe
          Fingered

:ROFLMAO:

Comment

• KinKyJ
            Platinum Poser
            • Jun 2004

President Bush, 9/30/03:

"I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action."
            Amazing how much that sounds like:

I did NOT have sex with THAT woman
            Can someone explain me why there isn't an angry mob with tar and feathers screaming "IMPEACHMENT"?

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
              Can someone explain me why there isn't an angry mob with tar and feathers screaming "IMPEACHMENT"?
              Simply put, because Bush's party controls Congress. Same reason there hasn't really been any serious investigation into any of the collosal errors or scandals since Bush took office.

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

that and his underlings jump to bear the brunt of any reprecussions of the public. its all deflected before it hits him.

and frankly, i just want the goddamn leadership to just stop fighting, let the guy try to finish something, and move on. im so sick of it all. the democrats have disgusted me so much, but the republicans have puched me past the point where i even want to see what they are doing. just shut up and do something positive please. tell the iraqi people to have fun killing each other cuz we lost enough lives and money, get outta there and tell iran and hamas that if they touch isreal we will not wait a second to retaliate on a massive scale then shut up and ignore them unless they actually do something. simply put. pretend, if only for a minute that the middle east doesnt exist, repair euro ties, tell africa to get it together and stop funding useless things there and build some damn infrastructure sp they can develope an economy that functions better than an 8 year olds lemonade stand, and focus on the 50 and the island territories.

the fucking US is so over trenched into foreign lands it forgets that a few hundred million ppl live here.
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• anonin
                  Juvenile Delinquent
                  • Oct 2005

that and his underlings jump to bear the brunt of any reprecussions of the public. its all deflected before it hits him.

and frankly, i just want the goddamn leadership to just stop fighting, let the guy try to finish something, and move on. im so sick of it all. the democrats have disgusted me so much, but the republicans have puched me past the point where i even want to see what they are doing. just shut up and do something positive please. tell the iraqi people to have fun killing each other cuz we lost enough lives and money, get outta there and tell iran and hamas that if they touch isreal we will not wait a second to retaliate on a massive scale then shut up and ignore them unless they actually do something. simply put. pretend, if only for a minute that the middle east doesnt exist, repair euro ties, tell africa to get it together and stop funding useless things there and build some damn infrastructure sp they can develope an economy that functions better than an 8 year olds lemonade stand, and focus on the 50 and the island territories.

the fucking US is so over trenched into foreign lands it forgets that a few hundred million ppl live here.
                  A-FUCKING-MEN

agreed on all counts

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

McClellan did indeed take a beating:

The latest news and information from the Biden-Harris administration.

Pretty much stuck to his guns, though. Message is this, for those of you that don't feel like reading it: "it's OK to leak information if it's in the public's interest," and "I'm not going to comment on an ongoing investigation."

Comment

• tsesan
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Mar 2006

Didn't Bush said he'll fire whoever leaked information? I wonder if he's going to fire himself...

2008 => McCain has a shot. Not sure about anyone else. But I don't know how people feel about another four years of Republican rule.

Comment

• superdave
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Bush probably considers leaks to be classified information that shouldn't be public and since he de-classified the information then it isn't a leak. Therefore, he thinks that what he did was fine and probably is ok within legal limits.

However, I think you look at the intent of what Bush did and although probably legal, but not ethical. His administration was supposed to be anti-Clinton and have integrity. In the last couple of weeks, we learn Bush leaked or distributed information, one Presidential aide shoplifts at Target, and a Homeland Security spokesperson is an online predator. Possibly these are indications of an administration without integrity that starts with Bush and resonates through his adminstration.
                        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• mylexicon
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

This is probably one of the best posts i've read on here. I also agree on all accounts. I want the U.S. be more isolationist. The only problem is, the above was our foreign policy under Clinton for 8 years. For eight years we lived on borrowed peace and prosperity, it was a beautiful time. Then the theme park shut down and reality caught up with us in '01. It's been extra shitty since then foreign relations wise.

As far as this thing with scooter libby. No one calling for impeachment of the president because there is no offense. This is just another example of a "bush buddy" falling on the sword to quench the media-controlled mob's thirst for blood. There is nothing of any consequence to this story.

It's like an episode of Seinfeld.......nothing has happened yet all kinds of ridiculous events are occuring based upon the public outcry made by people with incomplete or incorrect information. SUPRISE!!! The government is still fighting with itself and it still breaks its own laws. Time to write more laws and imprison more people, that will certainly make it stop. LOL

LOL When you think about it, the whole developed world really is kinda like an episode of Seinfeld. Some pointless, inconsequential event takes place, and when you mix our inability to weather a storm with our inability to management ambiguity.........shazam......social catastrophe. It's kinda sad in this day and age so few people have feelings of self empowerment. It's too bad because our presidents from now on really are just going to be pretty figureheads in a suit. There sole purpose will be to make us feel better regardless of what is actually going on. Clinton kinda fit that mold........Bush? not so much.
                          Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Balanc3
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

It's too late for an impeachment. Proceedings would've had to start almost immediately after the last election. Not happening.
                            JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Yao
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Hm. Believe it or not, but i fucking agree with this post man...most of it goes for my country as well. In the latter case, I need to add that we need to first get rid of our PM, since the piece of shit publicly showed that he doesn't really want to represent us anyway.
                              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...