Clear All
  • Balanc3
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

In light of recent news...

the great pot debate lives on...

Stressed soldiers to be treated with cannabis
    Date: August 5 2004

Israeli soldiers suffering from combat stress after tours of duty in the Palestinian territories could soon be treated with cannabis to relieve their symptoms, the Ma'ariv daily reported.

The mental health department of the Medical Corps is set to to begin tests in the next few days on volunteers suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after reserve duty, the paper said.

A scientist who will help conduct the experiment heads a research team, which discovered that cannabis helped mice that had suffered physical stress and even reduced the risk of stroke.

Hundreds of Israelis have been treated for combat stress after performing their mandatory national service in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

There was no immediate comment on the report from the Israeli military.

AFP
    JourneyDeep .into the sound
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

it's not a good idea to give marijuana to people with weapons who are armed to defend your country.

maybe we should drop several thousand pounds of marijuana on Iran, wait a few days for them to spark it up...then invade.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

Re:: In light of recent news...

and why is it ok to give our good pot to foreigners? i say we should have first dibs.
      am i wrong?
      more people in this country could relieve stress and pain if the gov't would just open their eyes.
      if it we're taxed and sold in stores like beer is, we'd live in a better society.

the war on drugs is

Comment

Working...