anyone catch the Da Vinci code special on ABC last night?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xeb
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re:: anyone catch the Da Vinci code special on ABC last nigh

[quote="cwsiggy"]enjoyable "intelligent" beach spy novels if there is sucha thing[quote]

spot on description. i read it lounging by the pool on hoilday and was perfect for that.
    www.nigelmarcussen.com
    www.tribalis-totalis.com

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

^ reading on holidays is weak xeb. you should be more focused on drinking and smoking pot.

this da vinchi book sounds ok.
      i just want to read it because i hear its good, not because i care about the writer or his ideas.

Comment

• xeb
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

[quote="Jibgolly"]^ reading on holidays is weak xeb. you should be more focused on drinking and smoking pot.quote]

i was on holiday at my girlfriends parents summer house in the inatlian countryside... with them there.... they don't approve very much of me... took them 2 years and us moving in togeather before they'd even meet me, so i was on best behaviour
        www.nigelmarcussen.com
        www.tribalis-totalis.com

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

sounds like a nightmare. i'm thankful my gf's parents like me.
          ive had plenty of friends whose parents hated me though.
          mom's can be real bitches sometimes. :cry:

Comment

• xeb
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

was actually ok after a rather stressful start. we met them in rome - they'd driven down and were hiring another car that we were going to use while there. my gf can't drive so i was going to be in charge of driving, so i had to go back in one car with her dad driving half way and me the other half, and my gf and her mom in the other car. i'd only met them once for dinner prior to this, so was basically shitting myself for that whole car trip (about 2 1/2 hrs) while trying to make intelligent conversation and avoid awkward silences and concentrate on driving (in a country i'd never driven in, and on the wrong side of the road for me!!). took first 2 days of the holiday just for me to relax after that :? :? :?

they seem to like me though.... they're still slightly worried i'm a crack addict leading their daughter astray, but seem to be growing to the idea of me
            www.nigelmarcussen.com
            www.tribalis-totalis.com

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

only met them once in 2 years? wow.
              funny though, i've been with my g/f for 2and a 1/2 years now and still never met her grandparents on her dads side.
              the thought makes me weak in the knees after so much time. :?

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

yeah, the book reckons that the holy grail is evidence that christ was married to mary magdelene and that she bore his child. This would obviously fuck up christianity a bit if it was true!
                motherlover

Comment

• pretence
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Its an average book with an above average conspiracy and some little riddles to break. Its written in short snappy chapters that entice you to read just one more. Its nothing special but enjoyable if grossly over hyped. Pulp Faction!

Comment

Working...