X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Forthcoming Releases

Digging the Allien. Wicked atmospheric deep minimal. Very sparse productions but the atmospherics fill up the space ... don't find it boring (yet). For some reason this feels like maybe a soundtrack to a modern dance piece.

Heard bits of the Booka Shade. Good but didn't grab my attention, a bit too smooth and mellow, faded into the background. Will have more listens with the volume up further.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Cannot. Wait. For. This.

Minilogue - Animals tracklist

CD1

01 Yesterday Bells
      02 Cow, Crickets and Clay
      03 Hitchhiker´s Choice
      04 Loud
      05 We All
      06 33000 Honeybees
      07 Jamaica
      08 View Of A Juggling Ball
      09 Giant Hairy Super Monsters
      10 Hypnotized
      11 Animals
      12 In A Distance

CD2

01 Old Water
      02 Windows
      03 City Lights
      04 Six Arms And One Leg
      05 Swamp OP
      06 In The Shade Of The Sun
      07 Stations 1
      08 Stations 2
      09 Stations 3
      10 Even The Wind Seemed In Deep Sleep
      11 Europhonia
      12 Feeling In Spring Beside The Dressing Table
      13 Seconds (Colour & Sound)
      14 Outro

Sebastian Mullaert and Marcus Henriksson, aka Minilogue, IMPS, Son Kite and lord knows what else, have two new records up their sleeves. They're set to a release both the double CD Animals as Minilogue on Sven Vath’s Cocoon label, and a full length album as IMPS on Japanese label Mule Electronic.

The Cocoon album is split into individual tracks, but is billed as a proper album designed to be listened to from beginning to end. Ranging from peaktime techno to beatless ambience over two discs, Animals includes the Minilogue hit on Crosstown Rebels ‘Hitchhiker’s Choice’ (see video below—two million YouTube hits and counting) but the bulk of the tracks are new and exclusive material. The 2x12" vinyl includes the more DJ-friendly cuts from the album.
      MPS – Bring out the IMPS tracklist

01 Second Track
      02 Almost Live but Definitely Plugged
      03 Bring out the Imps
      04 Heaven and Bagpipes
      05 Get a Grip
      06 Lost in Rostanga
      07 Return of the IMPS
      08 Uncle Limps (Turkish Version)
      09 Bubble and Squeak
      10 Jontys Way
      11 Instant IMPS

If that’s not enough Minilogue, the duo from Malmö are also issuing the live jazz improv album 'Bring Out the IMPS' on Japanese label Mule Electronic. The records includes both sides of IMPS recent 12-inch on the same label--expect wiggly synths and funk feel.
      RA

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

Listening to the balance cd by sos and only 20 min in. It sounds alright. Have not had a chance for disk 2 or 3 yet..

Comment

• Miroslav
          WHOA I can change this!1!
          • Apr 2006

that minilogue release does look great...will keep an eye out for that one
          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• fabric8
            200mph Club
            • Jul 2006

Just picked up Anthony Pappa's new release "Moments", 25 minutes into cd 1 pretty tight so far, starting a slow build up (minimal-tech building into tech-house)

EDIT:

** cd 1 complete, definetely not the progressive Pappa of old, but this is a solid set, looking forward to disc 2

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by clintlove

01. Lisa Gerrard - Cometenderness/False - Fed on Youth/Tadeo - Eclipse

02. Tadeo - Eclipse/False - Fed on youth/Mathias Kaden - Rhythma

03. Mathias Kaden - Rhythma/Tadeo - Eclipse/Beckett & Taylor - Let's Smash Up Our Love/Agoria - Les violins ivres

04. Agoria - Les violins ivres

05. Beckett & Taylor - Let's Smash Up Our Love/Agoria - Les violins ivres/Andre Crom - Reiner Wahnsinn/High Tide - Riddim Stick

06. High Tide - Riddim Stick/Beckett & Taylor - Let's Smash Up Our Love/Andre Crom - Reiner Wahnsinn

07. Andre Crom - Reiner Wahnsinn/High Tide - Riddim Stick/Douglas Greed - Fresh and Clean

08. Kadebostan - Caracas Soul/Andre Crom - Reiner Wahnsinn/High Tide - Riddim Stick/Ralph Sliwinski - Thatz in my Brain

09. Ralph Sliwinski - Thatz in my Brain/Kreon & Lemos - Nice Day/Douglas Greed - Fresh and Clean

10. Kreon & Lemos - Nice Day/Douglas Greed - Fresh and Clean/Stefanik & Tasnadi - Doch/Robag Wruhme - Samples

11. Douglas Greed - Fresh and Clean/Alka_Rex - Mugen Vugen/Robag Wruhme - Samples/Stefanik & Tasnadi - Doch

12. Stefanik & Tasnadi - Doch/Alka_Rex - Mugen Vugen/Mathias Kaden - Rhythma/Robag Wruhme - Samples/Dirk Diggler - Remix Part 1 (RobagRMX)/Trentemøller & DJ Tom - An evening with bobi bros

13. Trentemøller & DJ Tom - An evening with bobi bros/Stefanik & Tasnadi - Doch/Dirk Diggler - Remix Part 1 (RobagRMX)/Robag Wruhme - Samples/Mathias Kaden - Rhythma

14. Sidsel Endresen & Bugge Wesseltoft - Psalm/Dirk Diggler - Remix Part 1(RobagRMX)/Stewart Walker - Fernbank 91(RobagRMX)/Kreon & Lemo - Nice Day/ Robag Wruhme - Samples/Mathias Kaden - Rhythma

15. Stewart Walker - Fernbank 91(RobagRMX)/Dirk Diggler - Remix Part 1 (RobagRMX)/Bukaddor & Fishbeck - Nachtexpress/DJ Koze - Mariposa

16. DJ Koze - Mariposa/Stewart Walker - Fernbank 91(RobagRMX)/Bukaddor & Fishbeck - Nachtexpress/Robag Wruhme - Samples

17. Matchiste - Mosca Via/Wighnomy Brothers - My Gloomy Head/Robag Wruhme - Samples/Kreon & Lemos - Nice Day
              this may just be one of the best minimal mixes. ever.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• fabric8
                200mph Club
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Miroslav
                I got it a couple weeks back but haven't listened to it, I'll have to check it out now

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                  I couldn't agree with you more, I can't stop listening to this mix. Just ordered my hardcopy. Thanks to Johns for turning me on to it.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• fabric8
                    200mph Club
                    • Jul 2006

Felix Da Housecat - GUO34 - Milan

I got the promo today, the very first song on Cd 1 ended the listening session for me, how about the chipmunks chanting "It's House" for 1:34. I'll try listening again tommorow. There are some awesome tunes in here by Sasha, Josh Wink, Pig & Dan and Dubfire to name a few.

Comment

• Adzey
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Mar 2008

gotta agree with you guys the new cd from the wighnomy brothers is superb

i got this to listen to but from tracklist it seems pretty cool

Audiomatique Volume 2.0 (Mixed By Adultnapper)

Tracklisting:
                      1. Trentemoller - Miss You (Pole Remix) 2:11
                      2. Gui Boratto & Martin Eyerer - The Beach 2:59
                      3. Mikael Jonasson - Twenty-Se7en 2:11
                      4. Martinez - Kansas City Shuffle 2:58
                      5. Adultnapper - Oedipa E 3:18
                      6. Robert Babicz - Spiral Boogie 3:25
                      7. Adultnapper - Juror No. 9 (Gaiser's Found Guilty 2:58
                      Remix)
                      8. Trentemoller - Prana 1:56
                      9. Adultnapper - Madeleine 4:44
                      10. Martinez - Wooden Box 1:48
                      11. Martin Eyerer & Stephen Hinz - Shanghai Style 2:10
                      12. Alexi Delano - What Is Control (Adultnapper's 2:33
                      What's The Point Remix)
                      13. The Viewers - Blank Images 2:17
                      14. Gui Boratto & Martin Eyerer - The Island 2:41
                      15. Robert Babicz - Dark Flower (Joris Voorn 5:11
                      Magnoliamix)
                      16. The Viewers - Streethorn 3:11

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Adultnapper!

Comment

• clintlove
                          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                          • Jun 2004

if those track times are correct, that's gonna be a short ass cd. Still excited about it though, just ordered vol 1, it was only 4$!!

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Adzey
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Mar 2008

its 46.32 but boy is it rocking!

totally recommend this!

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Sick mix, sure doesn't feel like 46 mins, so many sounds and things going on. Wicked.

Comment

• jointuletz
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Feb 2008

any news on the quivver album?

Comment

Working...