X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Morgan
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re:: VERIZON DSL ARE REALLY EVIL PEOPLE

Be glad your not running Satelite modems, I?m on DirecWay and it sucks big time. Not even mentioning the cost or so called service from Guatemalas Red Tech (my provider) or from Hughes Network Services or DirecWay.

Still i usually get a 1MBPS connection in the middle of the Guate rainforest, so can?t really moan. Just a shame it?s up and down like a hoars draws.
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee
      Originally posted by nasserd
      Okay, I'm back in business... the culprit?! The DSL modem's PPPoE connection had to be reset a couple of times.

Thx to all who've suggested shit. The people at Vzn Dsl cust serv were like "it's your fault" and i was like "shut the fuck up" and they said "okay" and i said "it works now"
      See that PPPoE thing is bullshit. Honestly you should look into getting a Linksys router (if you already don't have one) and use the settings on it to maintain the PPPoE 'tunnel' (for lack of a better word). You'll likely never have a problem that way. Good to see your back though.
      good advice. my roommate and I have our pc's networked, and use a linksys hub/router. never have a problem.

Comment

• thezzapper
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Re:: VERIZON DSL ARE REALLY EVIL PEOPLE

yes. verizon is evil! here in NYC they hold you hostage if you are not their customer & you are trying to get a dsl line. they are the telco, so it has to go throught them. i have heard horror stories about friends waiting 3-4 months to get their dsl line up due to verizon not performing the necessary telco work.

just dropped roadrunner cable connection. it is fast, when it works. constantly going down. they are quick to send a tech to your home & waste your time performing same diagnostics repeatedly, but unwilling to investigate if there is a problem on their end. you can spend hours talking to their tech support after waiting forever to get through to them.

just got dedicated dsl line: 6MB/768K. www.speakeasy.net finally, a company that answers the phone without putting you on hold, & intelligent tech support. my experience getting this has been totally positive. not trying to sound like a commercial here, but just saying there is an answer to the uncaring monopolies...
        sigpic

Comment

• neoee
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

^^^^
          Yeah I've heard many good things about speakeasy, especially the speed.
          "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...