Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ger stokes
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

congrats m8,im off them 5 months now and i dont miss the fookin things at all.

stay off them,and dont give in:wink:
    https://hearthis.at/gerstokes/

Comment

• Gloomy
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re:: Smoking cigarettes

I agree with TomTom that the first three weeks are not the hardest. You're still enthousiast about quiting, you're still thinking "yes, another week of no smoking". But after 2 months, you start considering again a cigarette cause you forget the disadvantages.

I'm a very weird smoker. I've been smoking for three years, although I've never been extremely addicted. After those three years, I had a period of 2 months no smoking at all. But I had exams and I bought a new pack. The first cigarette tasted wonderful. But I urged myself not to smoke more than one ciagerette a day and yes, I did a few weeks with that pack. Now, I only smoke one, max. two ciagerettes during parties, but none in daily life. I know I'm never gonna quit for 100%, but I will never be the regular smoker from before. I have enough with a cigarette during a party. And I don't think this gonna affect my health.

Comment

• qwerty2222
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

congratulation man
        hope you can keep it up for a good period
        i smoke for some years, gave up a lot of times
        the longest time i gave up smoking was for eight months, but then again, i starded again, for differnt reasons of course all the time

Comment

• dawnx
          The Donator
          • Jun 2004

I've not had a ciggie for 5 weeks now & I've cut right back on coffee also, I'm still getting the urge to smoke just @ work though when some knobhead does my head in, that's usually when I give in to a cup of coffee which is better than a ciggie.

Comment

• viceroy
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Congrats man, keep up the good work.

Peace,
            Steve

Comment

• lmmadic
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

i've stopped smoking since yesterday.
              i've been talking about it for a long time now i'm gonna do it.
              i smoked for 7years now. until this day.
              i'm stopping cold turkey but with some help:

"ZYBAN is the first non-nicotine, oral medication (a pill) that is FDA-approved as an aid to smoking cessation. While it is unclear exactly how ZYBAN works, it is thought to act on the part of your brain that is addicted to the ingredients in cigarettes. ZYBAN helps decrease your cravings and withdrawal symptoms and your desire to smoke."
              sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

nice. switch one for another. good luck pal. try to stay busy and listen to good choons. that is all i have to say that may help pass the painful time. let us know how it goes.
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• WilDFire
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

Nice work to those who quit. I stopped a year ago but then started studying for med school and have one every now and again. But when it's in Boston I just running and I hate how bad my lungs feel after a night out.

FYI - addiction is a "disease of the reward pathways of the brain" and nicotine is definitely one of the most addictive substances. My landlord is a doctor who doesn't smoke but ALWAYS chews nicotine gum. Ugh. I'm glad I could stop. I'll stop for good (no social smokes) when I am a doctor.
                  Music makes the soul strong.

Comment

• Fuzzle
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

I quit smokeing about 3 years ago.. i hated smelling like it and i was always geting headachs.. would wake up feeling like shit most of the time too
                    Today's Experiment . . . . FAILED

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

^^ tomtom is right. wait about a couple months, then get drunk and go to a club. you are going to have a tough tough time saying no because 1) you're drunk 2) everyone else is smoking and the evil 3) you've been good for a while, one cigarette won't hurt.... WRONG! #3 gets you everytime. the cycle starts all over again. i'm happy to say i have only smoked 2 cigarettes in 3 months, but those two cigarettes i DID have definitely made me hurt for some more.

so suppress your desire to have a cig when you are out on the town. if you can do that, you are golden. :wink:
                      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• AberBot
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

I know this will kill me someday but, I have to die anywayz.

Comment

• dali18
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

ive tried lots of times , no sucess.

A friend of mine, tried this and it worked. prett nasty though.

you grab 3 cigarretes and put them in a glass of water,
                          you put them outside and let them sit one whole night there
                          next morning, you drink the water...

you will be puking and the taste is awfull but you will never again
                          want to smoke.

he quit 3 years ago.

i just havent been able to try his method.

but it does work.

Comment

• Nigel Harkness
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

That is quite the unique way of quitting. Not something I would like to do by any means

Comment

• hear_my_name
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by dali18
                              ive tried lots of times , no sucess.

A friend of mine, tried this and it worked. prett nasty though.

you grab 3 cigarretes and put them in a glass of water,
                              you put them outside and let them sit one whole night there
                              next morning, you drink the water...

you will be puking and the taste is awfull but you will never again
                              want to smoke.

he quit 3 years ago.

i just havent been able to try his method.

but it does work.

awwwwww.. i wanan quit smoking but im not about to drink a glass of old cigarette water... thats sick!!!...

but personally i like the smell of beer and cigarettes on my bf.. he doesnt smoke but after the bar.. i dont know i find it a real turn on... hahahah kaybe im one of the weird ones...
                              Any day above ground... Is A Good Day!

Comment

• BeatMonkey
                                Getting warmed up
                                • Aug 2004

i have tried to quit just a couple of times before, out of necessity, but have since started back up again. I think about whether or not I should be buying a pack every few packs or so, but almost always end up caving in. I'll quit when I'm ready.. I just hope that's sooner than later, otherwise it'll just be too damned hard.

congrats to everyone who is stronger willed than me

Comment

Working...