It was in a bulliten someone posted on my page. I checked it out myself and if you go to the myspace.com home page, and then TERMS scroll down and it does state that in section 6 (Proprietary Rights in Content on MySpace.com.)
Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
Collapse
X
-
Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
I don't know if you knew this or if this is even true, but I wanted to pass it on just in case....apparently anything you post on myspace, including your music gives myspace/fox permission to use it.
It was in a bulliten someone posted on my page. I checked it out myself and if you go to the myspace.com home page, and then TERMS scroll down and it does state that in section 6 (Proprietary Rights in Content on MySpace.com.)
Not even sure if this matters to you, but I wanted to pass it along anyways as I wouldn't want to see anyone get burned.....I know I wouldn't want them to have rights to my work.By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services."sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Tags: None -
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
me perhaps?Originally posted by DancingQueenIt was in a bulliten someone posted on my page.
(drew)Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
^^^ lol why yes it was you
sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
i totally stole it from brian ffar though
excellent information though to say the least.Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
very interesting clause there and just because it doesn't say sell among those rights doesn't exclude them from selling it according to the clause. Legally, I'd say there's a pretty small chance in hell that a clause like that would ever hold up in court. They've made themselves the internet version of a public venue. Would make for a hell of an interesting case if an artist were to sue them though."Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
hmmm... I've got my demo reel up on mine.Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
ya that is why I posted it on here as I know many of you have up demos, tracks, or sets and wasn't sure if you were aware of this.
I don't think they would ever try to sell your stuff or alter it for their own use....but you never really know I guesssigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
it's probably there so they can steal kiddie pop punk rock tracks and get away with them.Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
I think you guys are kinda missing the point.
The way I read it is that by uploading your material you are allowing MySpace display, store, distribute through your own MySpace page, your own material.
You guys are reading it as if MySpace are big evil guys who are gonna steal your music, but what they're saying is by uploading you let us store your music and display it to the world, so you don't turn around and sue them for hosting your music.
It's protecting MySpace from any evil minds who would want to try and sue on a technicality."If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
Thats why I use it.. sweetOriginally posted by jeffrey collinsit's probably there so they can steal kiddie pop punk rock tracks and get away with them."A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."
Want Spoon'n music?
Check out my downtempo mixes
http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com
Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
ya but it also says it can alter, copy, reproduce, transmit and distributeOriginally posted by SyntaxTerrorI think you guys are kinda missing the point.
The way I read it is that by uploading your material you are allowing MySpace display, store, distribute through your own MySpace page, your own material.
You guys are reading it as if MySpace are big evil guys who are gonna steal your music, but what they're saying is by uploading you let us store your music and display it to the world, so you don't turn around and sue them for hosting your music.
It's protecting MySpace from any evil minds who would want to try and sue on a technicality.sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Important FYI - ARTISTS on myspace
I think the point of that is that other users on myspace can use your music (if you so desire and allow) on their pages.... thus if myspace user x likes myspace music user y's music and user y has allowed people to download and/or use a particular song for music on another myspace page (like user x's) they (myspace/fox) aren't liable (thus the alter, copy reproduce and distribute, which each myspace user who has music on their page [that another myspace registered user/artist has allowed] is doing).... whew! make sense? that's my take at least.... whataya think toasty?Originally posted by DancingQueenya but it also says it can alter, copy, reproduce, transmit and distribute"only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment