If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
It comes with so many great plugins and tools straight out of the box that you don't need much else. With that said, check out Reaktor, Absynth, V-Station, Blue, and Stylus RMX.
I run it on a dual 1.25 Ghz G4 and rarely have processor issues.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
A 64bit Operating System/Processor and Hyperthreading rather than Dual Core is best for production. However I've seen the Mac's with the Dual Core and Windows XP and they scream.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
A thread like this can easily turn into a Mac vs PC rumble, So I´ll try to avoid that...
Ok 1st of all, comparing Reason to Logic is like apples and oranges. You can also get reason for Mac, but the thing is, Logic is a sequencer while Reason is what it´s called a "soft studio", meaning it´s supposed to provide you with all the tools to make a complete track, and while being good at many things, it doesn´t particularly excel at anything. That said, the mastering suite in Reason 3.0 made a whole world of difference to it´s sound. But a more fair comparison would be between Mac/Logic and PC/Cubase or even better (imo) Sonar.
2nd, I´d say if you have the money and are serious about music production, go for a Mac...it´s the standard in most professional studios around the world, so that would give you an edge in knowledge and compatibility. Personally, with some wise choosing and buying, I think it´s possible to build an audio-dedicated PC as good as any Mac, for a lot cheaper, but the truth is that Apple have always had an advantage in the audiovisual area, because they invest in that market, and found a huge niche there. Off-the-shelf, any Mac is better than any brand-name PC, like your Dell´s or HP´s (Mac´s have stuff like Core Audio, which is awesome, while with a PC you HAVE to buy a decent soundcard). Also, you immediately get Garage Band, which at leat gets you started somewhere. Final word : the majority in this business goes with Macs, so most people follow that.
On the other hand, you can costumize or modify a PC more easily and cheaper according to your needs, building-as-you-go, the cooler plug-ins are, very often, only available for PC, and you don´t have to put up with developing/transition nightmares like the switch from OS9 to OSX and now the whole Universal Binary updates for compatibility with IntelMacs...that kinda stuff makes me unconfortable on the Mac side...they keep coming up wth these big shifts, it´s like they want people to keep getting the latest stuff and not stay attached to their old machines for too long.
The best advice, however, is that you reseach enough to find the environament and software you´re more confortable with, select a strict ammount of tools and learn them inside out before starting to make too many expenses...it´s really easy to get lost in this music-making stuff, and soon you can find yourself immersed in toys and not really learning how to use any of them efficiently. And try a bit of everything : I mean, Logic´s great, but just because it´s the standard, does it mean that Digital Performer or even Ableton Live can´t be better, for your own workflow?
Personally, since I only do this as a hobby, I´d never get a Mac, but it all depends on what you´re trying to do.
Sorry for the long post, but this kind of topic interests me, so I guess i kinda went overboard with it...
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment