Thanks in advance for suggestions.
emergency "world music" question/help
Collapse
X
-
emergency "world music" question/help
So here's the deal... a local nightclub is doing this "world fusion" night tonight and out of the blue they called me to DJ. They want brazilian, indian etc etc "world dance music". At first I wasn't going to do it but then they offered me a ridiculous amount of money to do it so I of course said "yes, I have lots of world dance music" which of course, is an out and out fabrication of the truth... or in other words I lied my ass off. So can anyone suggest some "world dance music" because outside of progressive house/breaks/trance I know nothing........ Just need enough to scoot through 2 hours.
Thanks in advance for suggestions."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Tags: None -
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
play GOA music and watch as everyone doesnt dance but stares at you.
do they want dance music as in house or by brazilian, did they mean eclectic shit.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero. -
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
Bhangra / Bollywood remixes
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
Daft Punk - Around the world
So basically, any track with vocals in a non english language?It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
Their main thing was they don't want it to be "electronic" or "techno".... which here means about any music you don't hear on the radio. I was thinking things like Tosca, Fila Brazilia, that popular Israeli chick etc....."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
tosca rocks.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
^^ yeah sean, i figured i can't go wrong with them.... what the hell is that label? there's a ton of other good bands signed to that label but I just don't have the time to look it up right now. anyone, anyone, bueller?
EDIT: and thanks KinKy... keep me posted mate."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
Try everything by DJ Dolores & Orchestra Santa Massa. They´re brazilian dance music, more exactly from Northeast brazil. That´s pretty unusual stuff. Check it out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8
Also, check out their reccomendations on the same page.Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
just about anything on Six Degrees should do
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
throw on some pier bucci
Comment
-
Re: emergency "world music" question/help
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174
EDIT : actually keep following the links from the 1st page I gave you and you´ll get to a shiload of stuff that might fit your needs.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment