X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

a question

hmmm not quite sure where to start on this one or rather how to word what i want to say....ok i guess i should say that late last year i stumbled on this board by pure chance actually and since then its been pretty steady in suplying my addiction to crack whores and also prog house but i,m also into different types of genes within the dance music scene but i,m thinking that if i post some of the stuff it probibly wouldnt get appreciated as much as i would like it to be, so i wondering if u could leave the crack pipes and dirty needles for 5 minutes to maybe disscus what OTHER types of music you like?
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: a question

coughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughjazzc oughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

i dig some reaggae and some instrumental jazz.
      also downtempo is always a good decision!

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Latin, Jazz, Reggae, old school Ska, classic (a little bit, starting to appreciate it).

But mostly latin, as it lets me dance really sexy with the ladeez.

And I hate trance. I really do.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• rubyraks
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

everything but country music and only ole skool hip hop, not the crap they like to call hip hop today.
          "Work like you don't need the money.
          Love like you've never been hurt.
          Dance like nobody's watching.
          Sing like nobody's listening.
          Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• miketpoto
            Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
            • Jan 2005

Sweet, while ya'll weren't looking I swiped all yer crackpipes!

and I like Gabber.

Comment

• palmer
              Retired or Simply Important
              • Jun 2004

I'm getting into the indy rock shit a little bit more now, its what my roomates are all into. Bands like the artic monkeys, clapyourhandssayyeah, bloc party... that type of shit. Also dig bjork, ladytron, radiohead some of the guys that dabble into electronic. I listen to a lot of de la soul, tribe called quest, del, heiroglyphics, talib kwali, and mos def. Listen to some 80's. And there is also some bob marley, barrington levy, and buju banton somewhere in the middle of it all. For a few years there all I listened to was prog.... a lot of which was pretty mediocre. Glad I'm over that.
              todayistomorrow
              art direction | design | animation

Comment

• geoffgulley
                Platinum Poster
                • Apr 2005

lots of downtempo, trip-hop and ambient. big fan of indie bands. currently soaking up all "The Raconteurs, http://www.theraconteurs.com/" are doing since it's made up of two guys from Cincy I know along with Jack White and Brendan Benson.
                "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• peloquin
                  Till I Come!
                  • Jun 2004

classic rock
                  old school rap/hip-hop
                  newer underground hip-hop (not mainstream rap)
                  some 90's "alternative" rock
                  jazz
                  some 80's
                  quite a bit of newer rock... i love that bloc party cd, some of the others are pretty decent (interpol, arctic monkeys, etc)

pretty much anything but country and mainstream rap/rnb

Comment

• unkownartist
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

god dam....to be honest i wasnt expecting THAT kind of responce hmmm and there was me thinking that you might all be electronic addicts, some good news and some very bad news, the good news is that i,m kinda into downtempo stuff and ambient myself but to be honest i dont see much of it without having to buy it and on boards and stuff its pretty rare, unless i,m looking in the wrong places!!! i have to recommend one jazzy mix i found last year though and you can find it here http://www.properlychilled.com/music...iojazztronica/ .... the jazztronica number 2 mix is probibly one of the best jazzy mixes i,ve heard and yea ok after listening to it you may find the mixing a little off in parts but the song selection for me makes up for it in droves, ambient wise i recently got a hold of a couple of promo's of global undergrounds electric calm serious ( and there on promo cd's sitting right next to me, not on mp3 on the web ) which are just sublime quality and fluid all the way through them, i think there is three in the serious but in my eyes the first one doesnt stand a chance when it comes to the other 2...if you havnt heard then and would like to then i guess you know who to PM....the bad news....rock/indie etc etc and myself dont mix, i used to work for a PA hire company and we used to set up loads of bands around the country and to be honest 99.999999999999999% of them were utter shit so you have them to blame for my hate of the guitar.....honestly i didnt expect that type of answer from a board like this lol so when i was tasking this i had electronic music in mind as i thought this would be the main answer to the question .....personally right now i seem to be getting a flavour for liquid drum and bass, you know not the heavy stuff although i do like that stuff aswell and to give u a good example of the kind of stuff i meen i sudjest you might wanna give this a listen too http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=I4Y63MFI ( i have a direct link but u know the score ) and do me a favour be honest in ur likes and disslikes if u decide to leave me a feedback on this .... anyway i,m glad u took the time to respond to this...speak to you all soon hopefully..

Comment

• anonin
                      Juvenile Delinquent
                      • Oct 2005

on the electronic music front outside of house and techno i love downtempo, IDM, and drum n bass and breaks. I was real heavy into drum n bass for years before i got properly into house. Im also really into dub and dubstep, hip hop instrumental stuff (dj shadow, prefuse 73, etc.) and ambient chillout stuff.

Comment

• unkownartist
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

yea me 2, i always said its healthy to have a good selection of all different types of music.

Comment

• nicomax
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

I'm more and more into ambient (Boards of Canada, Eno, Global Communication, Dextro, Herman & Kleine, ), chillout (Electric Calm, William Orbit, Telefon Tel Aviv, Apparat, Bill Laswell), deep braks (Momu, digital wichtcraft) reggae (Burning Spear livin dub albums), trip hop/acid jazz (K&D, Thievery Corporation, Sofa Surfers) and piano jazz (Keith Jarrett). I also dig clasical music a lot. Some rock (Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode)
                          Nicomax

Comment

Working...