X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

NFL Draft

Well it's already retarded before it's started. The Texans have signed DE Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. That's about as smart as Porky Pig converting to Islam. The Texans are doomed to apathy around here now.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: NFL Draft

why was bush passed over? was it ultimately the real estate bullshit i heard on espn?

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

nope; Williams apparently impressed them enough when they had him in and they ultimately decided to go with him over Bush.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to bet the whole real estate thing might have raised a shadow of a doubt, but no one's saying such right now.

Which means, Bush could go to New Orleans...which means....good luck
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• bananapeel
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Looks like the Texans went with Williams over Bush for the main fact that they were able to sign Williams before draft day, which was not the case with Bush.
        Texans have a history of signing players before they are drafted (case in point David Carr) because they don't want their rookies to holdout due to contract disputes.

Comment

• 3d_1200
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

the texans needed defense badly. their new coach came from denver, where the philosophy is you can basically make any RB into a 1000yd rusher. so i cant imagine kubiak wanted to spend an ungodly amount of money on a position they see they can get better value at with dominic davis. they singlehandledly transformed their defense to a 4-3 with this pick, and i think williams will be one hell of a player (see julius peppers).
          http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• Kobe
            I wish I had an interesting User title
            • Jun 2004

Jets took D'Brickashaw, not the glamorous pick, but proabably a really smart move. I still would have loved a Linart jersey.
            Beats are my crack.

Comment

• code11
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Being a die hard Saints fan I cannot put into words how happy I am that we got Reggie Bush. We have so many other needs especially on "D" but you can't pass up on a talent like Reggie. Cant wait for football season to start!!!

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

I think its smart to not take Bush.. i think he is to small to play in the big leagues unless he is a new Warrick Dunn.. take the fast "d" guy its a safe call.. i don't think reggie is gonna be as effective as what people hype him up to be..

Comment

• Duff McKagin
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Sep 2004

The Bills are a goddamn joke..

Go Sabres!
                  Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• MJDub
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                    I think its smart to not take Bush.. i think he is to small to play in the big leagues unless he is a new Warrick Dunn.. take the fast "d" guy its a safe call.. i don't think reggie is gonna be as effective as what people hype him up to be..
                    There's no reason to be "safe" when you have the first pick in the draft. You have the worst record in the league; there's nothing left to be "safe" from.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• geoffgulley
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Duff McKagin

Go Sabres!
                      you've had better drafts..... sabres game today was good though, especially in HD. PS, I hate the Flyers.
                      "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
                        There's no reason to be "safe" when you have the first pick in the draft. You have the worst record in the league; there's nothing left to be "safe" from.
                        Reggie is over estimated.. you don't know how he is gonna react when he has a 25-30 carry game at -4* in chicago in the NFL.. he had White to back him up and he also had the best passing game in college which set up a lot of holes for him.. many unanswered questions IMO.. good pick by the Texans.. New Orleans is now stuck with him.. let's see if they can sign him.

Comment

• MJDub
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

ESPN.com columnist Gene Wojciechowski summed it up well.

It's as if the Texans had the winning Powerball ticket and then decided, what the hell, let's give it to the Saints. They seem like nice people.

Comment

• ezdude1970
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Duff McKagin

Go Sabres!
                            With the 89 year old owner and 80 year old GM, I am surprised they did not forget to make their picks at all. I have been Bills fan for a long time but Bills are the joke of the league now. There is a reason why old people should not drive; they should not be managing and NFL franchise either. Luckily I live in Maryland now so don?t have to watch Bills to be an embarrassment.

Comment

• FM
                              Wooooooo!
                              • Jun 2004

^^no you watch the Ravens instead to get nearly the same amount
                              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                              Facebook!
                              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...