X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroSoul
    Getting Somewhere
    • Feb 2005

Swiss House

I figured you guys would be the best to ask this sort of question. I'm just on my way to Switzerland to work for a year and I was wondering what the house/progressive scene there is like. Any sort of useful hints or tips to keep me sane would be much appreciated. If I don't find a good house night over there I'll go crazy. Cheer guys.
    Groove is in the air
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Swiss House

Check out these guys, you can find them on Friskyradio, and they spin some mean techno. A friend of mine spent some time with these guys in Zurich, and had a great time spinning with them ;-)

It's a start...

Sirion Records is a Swiss music label based in Berne and Zurich, founded in 2004. Today it is run by the three DJs / producers Fedja Haueter aka Feodor, Franco Ruegger aka Frango and Patrick Stucki aka Bird. The former are also the founders of Sirion Records.

Mondo / Frango / Feodor / Me Shu Be
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Bululu
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

The prog scene is good in Lausanne , which is a small city in the french part of Switzerland , you get also some amazing DJs coming to Lausanne ( Hernan, Desyn,Lawler, Behrouz, Chus and Ceballos , Zabiela and Holden to name a few), Zurich is the city where all the shit is happening , digweed comes annualy to play there .

so it all depends where you live , worst of all is Geneva where I live , the only Djs I get to see every year and they are not prog , are Richie Hawtin and Jeff Mills, better than nothing .

So feel freee to ask whatever you want , and if you are around in Geneva someday drop me a mail , we can go for a beer.

Comment

• max
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

zurich have some nice spots..

i mostly visit:

and there are many of unofficially and great parties around the city.
        just study the flyers u can find everywhere..
        ...and yes, its a repost^^

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

Chab is from switzerland... I'd imagine he gets around in his own country?

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

The Montreux Jazz Festival

Comment

• Bululu
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Metro for your information , Satoshi is playing D club in Lausanne on the 12th of May and mr JZ himself will also in D club on the 23rd of June.

Comment

• Samy
                Getting Somewhere
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by MetroSoul
                I figured you guys would be the best to ask this sort of question. I'm just on my way to Switzerland to work for a year and I was wondering what the house/progressive scene there is like. Any sort of useful hints or tips to keep me sane would be much appreciated. If I don't find a good house night over there I'll go crazy. Cheer guys.
                you will be in Z?rich?

www.myspace.com/djsamyfresh
                www.myspace.com/augenringrecords

Comment

• MetroSoul
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Feb 2005

Thanks for all the warm replies, and i appologize for my delay response. The FIRST thing to break was my power addapter and my laptop is rendered instantly useless. Trying to fix that by the weekend though. Living in Wildegg right now, moving to Baden in two months for the rest of my time here. Zurich is the closest major city though to both of these towns though. And Zurich is retarded expensive and I wish I had a fraction the income some of those bankers do. Ridiculous. So I don't know how many trips I can afford there but I can't say that would stop me anyways. Good times.

Definetly won't be missing the Montreaux Jazz Festival if I can help it. Really cool country so far. Definetly enjoying myself to say the least! Quite a difference in culture compared to Canada too. Tragically though, beergardens close at 10pm, which is a bit weak imo.

Thanks for the help so far though! I definetly won't be shy in putting these tips into good use.
                  Groove is in the air

Comment

• rubyraks
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bululu
                    the only Djs I get to see every year and they are not prog , are Richie Hawtin and Jeff Mills, better than nothing.
                    Far from better than nothing there...seriously, you have two of the best djs of any genre right there and perhaps the greatest (at least imo) in Hawtin. And I'm a househead at heart, but what those guys do with techno is simply insane. And I'm lucky if they come around here even once a year nowadays.
                    "Work like you don't need the money.
                    Love like you've never been hurt.
                    Dance like nobody's watching.
                    Sing like nobody's listening.
                    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• Bululu
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Yes ruby , especially Mills , i'll get to see him on the 12th of this month , he seems to like Europe and Japan more than north America.

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Ahhhh Yes Swiss house izzz goooooood

Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• MetroSoul
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Feb 2005

Der Schwiez Haus ist very good. What I don't like is hearing American pop music on all the radio stations though. So bizzare.
                          Groove is in the air

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Nov 2005

http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• MetroSoul
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Feb 2005